The official "I've pre-ordered a Droid RAZR" thread!

SANhacker

Reaction score
I'm not sure why some get discounts and others don't.

Here is the email confirmation:

Your Order

Item DescriptionQuantityYour Price

horiz_divider.gif

mot_droid_razr.png

Discount - New every two-$30.00

Your Voice Plan
Nationwide Talk - 450

Plan Features
TXT MSG W PER MSG CHARGES
WPP ASURION $5.18
UNLIM M2M MSG W/500 MSG $10
BASIC VOICE MAIL - $0
EMAIL & WEB UNLIMITED $29.99
SDM REMOTE QUERY ENABLED
V CAST APPS $0
4G DATA TRANSPORT
TEXT MESSAGING
DYNAMIC-PRIVATE IP
4G INTERNET ACCESS
4G APPLICATION ACCESS
USA ONLY NO ROAM - $0
RTR FOR UNLIMITED PLANS $0
STREAMLINED BILLING - $0
CALLER ID
BUSY TRANSFER
3-WAY CALLING
CALL DELIVERY
CALL WAITING
NO ANSWER TRANSFER
CALL FORWARDING
M2M NATIONAL UNLIMITED - $0
UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN $0
CONSUMER PDA

Additional Items

DFILLSIM3FF-A$0.00

Shipping Fee$0.00

horiz_divider.gif

horiz_divider.gif

NOTE: Your first bill may include charges for a partial month of service in addition to your first full month's access charge, billed one month in advance.
Order Subtotal Today$ 269.99
Sales Tax*$ 19.17
Shipping$ 0.00
Order Total Today$ 289.16
Total Monthly Charges**

Last edited:

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
That is weird because I am getting my every two on both, but employee discount on the first one. Both told me Id have to wait til in stock.

tc1

Reaction score
Ordered mine, going from a thunderbolt to a razr.

One thing I don't get is the lady told me that I would get a new sim card with the razor and to throw away the one I currently have?

I thought one of the points of having a sim card was to be able to just plug it into a new phone and be done?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I ordered mine from my local vzw store about an hour ago and got 50 dollars off for new every two. Here's a screen shot of the emailed confirmation:
Looking forward to this, coming from the original moto droid.

mot_droid_razr.png

Motorola DROID RAZR
$ 299.99

Discount - New every two
-$50.00

Your Voice Plan

Smart Choice Pack - 1200

Plan Features

TXT MSG W PER MSG CHARGES

ALT MSG TRACK

SMARTPACK

UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGING - $0

TEC ASURION $6.99

UNL PICTURE/VIDEO MSG

BASIC VOICE MAIL - $0

EMAIL & DATA PERSONAL VZ $0

3-WAY CALLING

CALL FORWARDING

CALL WAITING

CALLER ID

OFF PEAK 7PM-7AM $0

SDM REMOTE QUERY ENABLED

V CAST APPS $0

4G DATA TRANSPORT

TEXT MESSAGING

DYNAMIC-PRIVATE IP

4G INTERNET ACCESS

4G APPLICATION ACCESS

USA ONLY NO ROAM - $0

RTR FOR UNLIMITED PLANS $0

STREAMLINED BILLING - $0

BUSY TRANSFER

CALL DELIVERY

NO ANSWER TRANSFER

M2M NATIONAL UNLIMITED - $0

UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN $0

FRIENDS & FAMILY - 10

NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE $0

CONSUMER PDA

lobo13

Reaction score
Yeah took care of my two. Finally
That's great! Although, I am wondering since I am getting it on another line how that will work. Noticed that it said 2gb 4g data. But, that isnt the line I'm going to have it on. Will Verizon charge for that data plan? Or do they charge when it becomes active?

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
That's great! Although, I am wondering since I am getting it on another line how that will work. Noticed that it said 2gb 4g data. But, that isnt the line I'm going to have it on. Will Verizon charge for that data plan? Or do they charge when it becomes active?

If you plan on switching the razr to your Unlimited data plan line then you will be good. Then switch the other device to the new line. Is that what your doing? If it is that will work. I do that all of the time. I know that we got rid of the unlimited data plan. That does suck. I have Unlimited also.

griffinhot

Reaction score
Placed my order at the Verizon store for the Razr this morning to replace my OG which I intend to keep.
I was entitled to an upgrad and the Razr has the features that appeal with ICS to come. Never can
tell what the "next best phone" will be a year from now but for now it sure looks good.
They gave $30 off the $299 price. I'm reading where some got it for $249.
Did I get screwed? Recourse?

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Placed my order at the Verizon store for the Razr this morning to replace my OG which I intend to keep.
I was entitled to an upgrad and the Razr has the features that appeal with ICS to come. Never can
tell what the "next best phone" will be a year from now but for now it sure looks good.
They gave $30 off the $299 price. I'm reading where some got it for $249.
Did I get screwed? Recourse?

No you didn't. I got one on my account for 249.99 the other was 269.99 it depends on how early you upgrade your line. If it's eligible for early upgrade is different than eligible for discounted upgrade. Early upgrade means you upgraded before new every two promo came available for you. So they keep $20 of your $50 upgrade discount for upgrading early. If you waited for new every two yr promo came up for you, you could have gotten it for 249.99.

Hope this helps.

lobo13

Reaction score
If you plan on switching the razr to your Unlimited data plan line then you will be good. Then switch the other device to the new line. Is that what your doing? If it is that will work. I do that all of the time. I know that we got rid of the unlimited data plan. That does suck. I have Unlimited also.
yeah, that is pretty much what I am doing. Upgraded on an upgradeable line. Then when it arrives planning to activate it unto the line that has unlimited data. Got it $200 :) Sweet.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
yeah, that is pretty much what I am doing. Upgraded on an upgradeable line. Then when it arrives planning to activate it unto the line that has unlimited data. Got it $200 :) Sweet.

How did you get it 100 off?

rherron

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger. This thing better be damn nice as I had to pay full retail ($650). :icon_eek:

My real upgrade on the DROID Pro I current have isn't until 2013, and I think I can get a one-time early upgrade on that July 1. The plan is to give the Pro to my wife and get her off of her sh**** antiquated BlackBerry and then she can upgrade again from the Pro to whatever in July if she wants to. I would like her to get something with a forward facing camera so that we can Skype more easily and I can see my son whenever I have to work late, etc.

I think I can live with this phone for two years. A tad concerned about battery life as you cannot swap out batteries. I'll just have to make sure I have plugs everywhere (which I already do). If I was someone who went camping or something, and was in situations where I didn't have easy access to electricity, I guess I might not have gotten this one. But that's not me. I'm a working stiff, never far from my office, car, or home.

kebeli

Reaction score
I ordered mine on Thursday from Verizon website with full-retail price. Replacing my Bionic...