The official "I've pre-ordered a Droid RAZR" thread!

Deron

Reaction score
I've been trying to place my wife's pre order for 45 minutes now, keep getting this. Anyone else?

exclamation.gif
Authorization Timed out. At this time we are unable to verify your payment due to system unavailability, Please try later

Yep, I experienced that myself. I would go through the entire preorder process and get that error right before the site would verify my credit card. :-[ I had to just shut the computer down and try again in a few hours and it randomly went through when I tried it again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
When you were going through the sale. Did it offer you the razr at 249.99 at first? It did for me, but then in modifing the features it took it back up to 299.99 for one, and 319.99 for the other? hmmm

Me too. I was eligible for phone upgrade with $50 discount. On the phone selection screen the Razr was listed as the discounted $250 price. But on final payment screen it reverted to the full $300 price tag. The only things discounted were the accessories I added. Oh well. At least I got to keep my unlimited data plan ported over from my current phone and plan. So I ain't gonna complain.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Monkeyman806

Reaction score
Finally upgrading from the Droid1

I pre-ordered mine yesterday and saw a lot of what others have posted. When I clicked "Upgrade Phone" in my account the Droid Razr showed as $249.99 but when added to cart it changed to $299.99. Called Customer Service and emailed her a screen shot. This is what I was told:

• Pre-Orders do not accept all discounts and sometimes it can be a little glitchy. She got the Droid Razr in her system for me at $269.99 (which took care of the $30.00 Loyalty Discount) but she told me she couldn't reduce the pre-order another $20.00 so she just gave me a credit on my account. Didn't really trouble me as long as I got the $50.00 off somehow (so the combo of phone and bill was fine for me).

• Also, she told me her pre-order system would not accept my unlimited data plan on the Razr or iPhone so she would need to place the order with the 2GB plan and then add it back on to my account when I activate the phone. She was super nice but this made me very uneasy (picturing someone telling me oh well you gave up your unlimited data for the 2GB plan - so tough). When I expressed this concern she emailed me what she would do, made sure she had my phone number and put in her calendar to call me the day I get my phone - well the Monday after it ships - so she can activate it and put my unlimited data back on my account.

All in all... this was the ONLY Happy dealing I have had with Verizon Wireless Customer Service / Chat as most of the people I get are really rude and don't want to help.

I am super happy and looking forward to this phone. Soooo wanted the Bionic and was waiting for the price to drop to $250.00 (which it went to 200 bucks once the Droid Razr hit pre-orders) but the DRazr just looks too damn sexy for me to pass up!

Last edited:

305rev305

Reaction score
I have a corporate discount which I've been able to use before at a Verizon store when I buy a new phone but when I tried to preorder the razr it says it can't use it... Now I will have to make the trip to store on the 10th...

dshizzel

Reaction score
I pre-ordered within one hour after it went online (8am EST) on Thursday for both my wife and me on new-every-two. Got $249 for mine and 299 for hers. I keep checking my order status and it still says "we have your pre-order and it is processing".

My question is, on these pre-order type of upgrades, what shipping method do they typically use? If mine ships "no later than 11/10", in your (collective you) experience, do they really wait till the 10th or do they often start shipping during that week?

Oh, and just last night, the dog ate my wife's OG Droid -- from what I read elsewhere I guess we have to fork out $24? Is that right?

Thanks in advance,

DShizzel

fox_hound

Reaction score
Got it preordered , just hate the idea of the battery not being removable.

tc1

Reaction score
Pre ordered....but canceled.

Going to wait a bit just to make sure that there are no major bugs, like the audio hissing one one the bionic. Etc.

I think this will be a great phone but buying the thunderbolt on day one has made me very very leary of trusting companies to release good quality products.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

electric6

Reaction score
i preordered mine yesterday, cant WAIT to sell this bionic and get this badboy into my greasy hands!! I"ve gotta stop buying phones!! Guys this is my third smartphone purchase since march!! I guess Citibank is just glad Im racking up some debt for them...;)

roorat

Reaction score
I preordered on October 27. I was planning on ordering the Bionic when my new every two came up at the end of November, but ...

1. The ad for the Razr enticed me when I went to VZW's site to check my account.
2. The specs were nearly the same as Bionic but slightly better.
3. The Razr's slim profile, build, display, etc. convinced me to get it instead.

The only concern I have is the non-removable battery, so I'm really hoping that it will be a non issue!!

My new every two discount was only $30, so I didn't wait for it, but I did keep my existing unlimited data plan by not renewing the contract or having the discount applied or having anyone "temporarily adjusting" anything. I don't trust the cs reps to fix it back or be able to get my plan back.

Can't wait for the phone!! We just got 4g coverage where I live and I can't wait to test the network and new gadget:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

fflan513

Reaction score
i preordered mine yesterday, cant WAIT to sell this bionic and get this badboy into my greasy hands!! I"ve gotta stop buying phones!! Guys this is my third smartphone purchase since march!! I guess Citibank is just glad Im racking up some debt for them...;)
Just sold my Bionic on Craigslist yesterday for $300......Only took 1 day to get it done. RAZR pre-ordered now and waiting. Had the Bionic for only 2 months, damn I hope they (Moto) wait at least another year before anything "really" significant comes out.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Just sold my Bionic on Craigslist yesterday for $300......Only took 1 day to get it done. RAZR pre-ordered now and waiting. Had the Bionic for only 2 months, damn I hope they (Moto) wait at least another year before anything "really" significant comes out.

What do you use for a phone until the Razr arrives?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
MOTO Q; dusted that bad boy off, can't wait for the RAZR to arrive.

Haha that was my first smartphone lol...I remember waiting for the infamous Motorola Q9 (Napolean) with fingerprint scanner...but it never got released to the public =(

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

BillyBob

Reaction score
Any projections to when we think we'll actually have it? You think it'll ship early?

Giggity