The official I've Pre-Ordered a Pixel 3 Thread

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you pre-order the Pixel 3? Let us know!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I pre-ordered the XL direct from Google today.

Can't say that any of the leaks or official info have blown me away, but it looks like a solid device & it's time to upgrade from my OG XL.

No other recently or soon-to-be announced phones can compete with the vanilla Android experience & quick updates for me, though I did consider going back to Samsung for a little while.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I pre-ordered the XL direct from Google today.

Can't say that any of the leaks or official info have blown me away, but it looks like a solid device & it's time to upgrade from my OG XL.

No other recently or soon-to-be announced phones can compete with the vanilla Android experience & quick updates for me, though I did consider going back to Samsung for a little while.

Congrats ! It will be a solid device and the screen looks to be improved ...

In Samsung territory!

DisplayMate has Lab Tested the Google Pixel 3 XL OLED Display which has earned our Highest A+ Rating and a DisplayMate Best Smartphone Display Award. Our in-depth Display Shoot-Out review article will go live here on Monday October 15.

— DisplayMate Tech (@DisplayMate)

iPhone X

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Notch definitely looks better in person IMO ..most definitely not a deal breaker ...nicer feel in hand than my 2 XL ....

a9a00ecce3aa98a91df4d2fee9ac29e0.png

iPhone X

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That notch on the poster above is not helping though LOL. What is Verizon/Google trying to do there?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha... Definitely full poster mode... they really don't care about Pixel at BB... Phone was not on wifi and no charger... Battery was going to die on it and demo mode I could connect to my Hotspot to test videos and such... Meanwhile all Samsung / iPhones were taken care of nicely...

Pixel 2 XL

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I pre-ordered my Pixel 3 XL and while there aren't a ton of cool sexy new features and the phone doesn't even look much different than the past two pixel phones I am still way too excited about it. The original Pixel XL was the most exciting phone/piece of technology since the original Motorola android with the sliding keyboard that I got back in 2009. I would probably have kept my Pixel XL for another year or so if Google didn't announce that there would be no more software updates to the original pixel that and I beat this phone up a lot and I'm surprised the screen hasn't shattered on it yet.

I didn't feel like I missed much on the Pixel 2. The Pixel 3 got me with the huge new screen sizes. The regular Pixel 3 is the same size screen as my Pixel XL! That's insane that a 5.5" screen is now the smaller model. I got the Pixel 3 XL so I'll have a 6.3" FHD+ flexible OLED screen. I can't wait to see that screen in person. Technically the Pixel XL has more pixels per inch than the Pixel 3XL but the new screen technology should look a hell of a lot better.

What really gets me excited is the camera on the pixel 3. Again, it's .1 MP's smaller than the Pixel XL and while many people think it's weird that the Pixel 3 is still shooting the same size images I think google was smart to improve the camera's quality and capabilities rather than just producing a larger file. The low light camera on the Pixel 3 is absolutely insane. I don't understand how it is possible for a camera phone to work that well. I own a lot of expensive cameras and I think most of them will be blown out of the water by this camera phone.

If the battery life on this phone comes close to the Pixel 2XL then it will be by far the best smartphone yet.

I am pissed about the lack of a headphone jack but I guess I'll learn to live without. I'll have to become much better about not losing earbuds now that I can't just buy a pair of $4 earbuds at any store.

Is anyone else really pissed off that pre-ordering doesn't get you the phone until a week after the release date? I think it's really dumb that I pre-ordered this device and won't get it until the end of the month but I could go into a bestbuy or verizon store on the 18th an buy this phone? I understand they are shipping a lot of unites all over the country and they are shipping them as fast as they can but it just seems a little stupid that "PRE-ordering" the device doesn't mean I actually get it on the date it's available to the public.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I pre-ordered my Pixel 3 XL and while there aren't a ton of cool sexy new features and the phone doesn't even look much different than the past two pixel phones I am still way too excited about it. The original Pixel XL was the most exciting phone/piece of technology since the original Motorola android with the sliding keyboard that I got back in 2009. I would probably have kept my Pixel XL for another year or so if Google didn't announce that there would be no more software updates to the original pixel that and I beat this phone up a lot and I'm surprised the screen hasn't shattered on it yet.

I didn't feel like I missed much on the Pixel 2. The Pixel 3 got me with the huge new screen sizes. The regular Pixel 3 is the same size screen as my Pixel XL! That's insane that a 5.5" screen is now the smaller model. I got the Pixel 3 XL so I'll have a 6.3" FHD+ flexible OLED screen. I can't wait to see that screen in person. Technically the Pixel XL has more pixels per inch than the Pixel 3XL but the new screen technology should look a hell of a lot better.

What really gets me excited is the camera on the pixel 3. Again, it's .1 MP's smaller than the Pixel XL and while many people think it's weird that the Pixel 3 is still shooting the same size images I think google was smart to improve the camera's quality and capabilities rather than just producing a larger file. The low light camera on the Pixel 3 is absolutely insane. I don't understand how it is possible for a camera phone to work that well. I own a lot of expensive cameras and I think most of them will be blown out of the water by this camera phone.

If the battery life on this phone comes close to the Pixel 2XL then it will be by far the best smartphone yet.

I am pissed about the lack of a headphone jack but I guess I'll learn to live without. I'll have to become much better about not losing earbuds now that I can't just buy a pair of $4 earbuds at any store.

Is anyone else really pissed off that pre-ordering doesn't get you the phone until a week after the release date? I think it's really dumb that I pre-ordered this device and won't get it until the end of the month but I could go into a bestbuy or verizon store on the 18th an buy this phone? I understand they are shipping a lot of unites all over the country and they are shipping them as fast as they can but it just seems a little stupid that "PRE-ordering" the device doesn't mean I actually get it on the date it's available to the public.
Congrats! Yeah I've always hated these preorder dates never work out like they should... But most importantly you will have a killer phone coming your way... Camera software Google still outshines all the others with triple and quadrupled shooters... Phone definitely a winner despise all the notch talk and RAM peeps complain about it.... We look forward to your thoughts once you get it in hand and daily...

Pixel 2 XL

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
The "pre order" problem can be easily solved, with patience. If people stop pre ordering the phone, and just wait a few weeks, Google will stop or change their policy. Does it really matter if you are the first kid on your block to own the phone?:rolleyes:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The "pre order" problem can be easily solved, with patience. If people stop pre ordering the phone, and just wait a few weeks, Google will stop or change their policy. Does it really matter if you are the first kid on your block to own the phone?:rolleyes:
No, it doesn't really matter. But, I tend to agree that if you pre-order, you should at least get the phone the day you could pick it up in the store. Offering pre-orders gives the manufacturers & distributors a clearer picture of how many units they need where. If they get a ton of pre-orders in a certain area, maybe they don't need to ship as many to stores in that area.

When I pre-ordered my Note 4 from Verizon, I got it either the day it hot store shelves or the day before. It's a nice way to thank the people whore making distribution a little easier on you.

That said, I pre-ordered unlocked from Google because I give Verizon enough of my money. Before I checked out, they told me my estimated date to receive the phone was around the 22nd. I could've paid more to get it a couple days sooner, but chose not to. Chances are good I could've walked into my local Verizon store & picked one up on launch day, but I made my choice & won't complain about it even though I think if they can get devices to stores by a certain date, they should be able to get them to customers by the same date.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
This is true but I'm like a child when it comes to new tech toys so I'm throwing a temper tantrum because some other kid at school will have it first and I want to play with my new toy!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes and no.

For me I'm OK with it because I am going I get the 2nd batch. Since the Nexus 5, the first batch of phones have been plagued with issues resolved about time they got to the later batches. For me, what's the point of being first if I'm going to have to pack the phone up and send it back to them.

That said, you guys make a good point about the preorders. Preorders help the manufacturer by providing them sales before the phones have been released. So it would be nice to get it either day of release or throw in something. Last year Google threw in a free Google home mini. They could have throws in a discount code for an accessory for those that preordered. Doing that still helps them out because we are giving them more money. But if they threw in a $35 discount off of the stand, that would be worth the delay so I could get my stand with my new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Preordered and received fedex tracking today.

Should be in hand on the 18th.

3xl 128g black verizon.

Love all pixel phones.

Already can't wait for the 4xl.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
This is true but I'm like a child when it comes to new tech toys so I'm throwing a temper tantrum because some other kid at school will have it first and I want to play with my new toy!!

And pre order the first day usually gets you something.

Verizon throws in a pixel stand.

I understand verizon charges a bit more.

I hope everyone can get and afford this phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sounds like some of the first people to order are getting shipment confirmation.

I just received an email this morning that in eligible for $50 Google Store credit. I might actually spring for the Pixel Stand with that.