The official "I've got my Galaxy S3" thread!

BeGood

Reaction score
Mine is at home, son signed for it. Ordered on the 28th. Still using OG Droid, and sad thing is just put an ICS rom on it and it is running best it has in long time. Would have stuck with it, if not for Verizon and unlimited grandfathering. Still looking forward to phone

droiddict

Reaction score
heineken1863 said:
Yeah dial 1877 807 4646

Tried that on my DX and the only option is activate now. Don't I have to have the old phone off to activate the new? Don't have a home phone to use at the moment.

Caesars

Reaction score
Talk to CS and have them push it threw after you hang up, wait10 minutes and power up :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

droiddict

Reaction score
heineken1863 said:
Nope I did it right from my DX

Yes, looks like I could have activated on my old phone. My husband came in and I used his. Love it so far. Looks as sleek as my white ipad3.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Mine came today, activated easily, BUT my unlimited data went away. It changed me to the 2GB plan. I was irate, and called Verizon. They fixed it quickly so the crisis was averted.

So just a word of warning to check your data plan as soon as the phone is activated to make sure your plan didn't change.

Beka27

Reaction score
Mine came today, activated easily, BUT my unlimited data went away. It changed me to the 2GB plan. I was irate, and called Verizon. They fixed it quickly so the crisis was averted.

So just a word of warning to check your data plan as soon as the phone is activated to make sure your plan didn't change.

Where did you check it, online?

chris215

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
I'm very curious to know what kind of reception people are having with the SIII versus their previous smartphones. The Galaxy Nexus and the Droid Charge both suffered from poor reception according to many people. I'm hoping that Samsung has made some improvements with the SIII.

I finally got mine activated yesterday afternoon. For the first few hrs I could only get a signal if I was texting, calling or accessing the Verizon mobile app. My call to customer service ended with tech support (he could not figure out the problem), who recommended I go to a Verizon store, because they are better trained on the new devices. Right... Few hours later the signal appeared for everything. So far, the signal is not as good as my Droid 2 was. I am very pleased with the phone otherwise.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Yes, online. First I saw it on the data usage widget, then I checked online. It even said, "Your plan has recently changed." I was like, oh hell no it didn't! :mad:

Chesteracorgi

Reaction score
Got mine today at 4:00 PM, Spent a couple of hours setting it up.

The complaints about the flimsyness of the battery cover ignore the fact that it is designed for low weight and also seals the electronics. When it is on it has a solid feel, but by itself it is flexible. No matter to me as I am a fanboy of Otterbox cases and will be armoring mine against drops and spills.

The idisyncracies are a little off-putting as I am migrating from the Moto Droid X. Not a real problem but a learning curve nonetheless.

The camers is not good, but GREAT. Takes sharp photos and the 8MP res is fantastic.

Sound from the speakers is a little tinny, but it may have been more what was being played that the speakers.

Display: WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Form factor: nice but my preference is for a heftier phone with more protection.

4G LTE: what a difference from 3G.

Some apps work better some are not so good in ICS.

Overall the ratings seem to be spot on: 9 out or 10 or 4.5 out of 5.

Last edited:

ccolston

Reaction score
I'm very curious to know what kind of reception people are having with the SIII versus their previous smartphones. The Galaxy Nexus and the Droid Charge both suffered from poor reception according to many people. I'm hoping that Samsung has made some improvements with the SIII.

I came from a Nexus and this one seems better so far. I've only had the phone for one day but there is a particular location in my city that the Nexus didn't function well in and the S3 seems to be doing better. I've also noticed that the battery life is better than the Nexus so far.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got my sgs3 and typing on this thing is so awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
How is the Telephone part of the phone?

How is the Bluetooth connectivity?

How is the volume on all the audio features?

How is the music feature?

How's the battery life?

How's the camera?

I worship the GS3 and its features that I've read about.

How is it compared to my Bionic? Is it an improvement and worth the $$$$$$