Galaxy S3 Tips and Tricks

cindylike24

Reaction score

dr001

Reaction score
I have met the same questions and have no ways to solve it
I bought the certified HDMI out by samsung but my NFL Mobile app, as well as some others deactivate when I plug it in. "error, HDMI out is connected" ... anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

richa

Reaction score
Seriously, this is one of the best phones I have ever bought...its worth every penny.

petsuppliesnew

Reaction score
I bought the certified HDMI out by samsung but my NFL Mobile app, as well as some others deactivate when I plug it in. "error, HDMI out is connected" ... anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

siloxane007

Reaction score
Excellent video. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together.

makaiguy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sammy Galaxy S7 on Verizon
Tips for HDMI?

Thanks,
Looks like nobody has replied to this.

From what I've read, some apps, NFL Mobile app being one, are only licensed for displaying on a mobile device. They're specifically coded to NOT output video from the mobile device for viewing on other devices, like a TV.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It should work just fine if you're using an MHL to HDMI adapter, but I believe that's your only option.

S5 tap'n

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It should work just fine if you're using an MHL to HDMI adapter, but I believe that's your only option.

S5 tap'n

Sadly it doesn't. makaiguy is correct. NFL Mobile will not output video from a mobile device for viewing on a TV or monitor (at least not with stock software). It blocks any passage of video out of the device. When screen mirroring first came to Chromecast, you could get the video on a TV that way, but it was pretty quickly blocked as well.

The reason for this is that the app (and Verizon for much of the video) only has the rights to allow the video to be shown on mobile devices. Other outlets that have the rights to show the content on non-mobile devices - OTA networks and cable/satellite channels and companies - would be royally ticked off if the app could be easily used to circumvent what they've paid a huge amount of money to be able to show.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I figured MHL would work since it's not screen mirroring, in the "technical sense" the way AllCast or similar software is used. You're simply using a cable to view whatever is on your phone.
Good to know though, thanks bswetness.

S5 tap'n