Samsung Galaxy S4 HDMI/MHL Adaptor now Available in UK - No need for seperate charger

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
2WmfcaL.jpg

Samsung's new flagship device, the Galaxy S4 is the first phone to support the MHL 2.0 standard, meaning that HDTVs and monitors with such a port can charge the device and stream Full HD content down from it at once.

This adapter allows you to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 with any standard HDMI video cabled so you can share what is on your S4's screen with other HDMI enabled visual equipment, like a monitor or TV.

This is perfect for sharing photos with family or friends or giving a presentation to a client.

The HDMI adpater uses the MHL 2.0 standard meaning the device does not need a power supply and it supports 1080p!

Just plug the microUSB/MHL connector into the S4 and then connect a standard HDMI cable to the adapter and to the TV or monitor, then the phones display will be shown on the big screen!

Samsung Galaxy S4 HDTV Adapter Features

• This is an official accessory for the Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Allows for HDMI output to HDTV
  • Uses MHL 2.0 standard so the S4 does not require a power supply to work
This adapter is currently available in the UK from Clove but should make it's way to other parts of the world.

Will you be getting one of these?

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I bought an inexpensive one from Amazon and it wouldn't work. I just ordered the "official" one from Samsung (40 bucks thank you very much) and I'm hoping it works. I just bought a new TV and the the cheap adaptor didn't work...powered or not. I sure hope the OEM version will do the job.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Got the OEM and it works great. Video and sound. But it DOES need to be powered also. But it works.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
"Will something like this work for the S4?"

Yes but it needs to be powered.

"Plug in a USB charging cable to the Micro USB female socket on this MHL to HDMI cable to provide power to the chipset"

carolinacamper

Reaction score
I have something like this that came with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Will it work on my Samsung Galaxy S4 also?

new member but really like this site.

tks

ksy77

Reaction score
2WmfcaL.jpg

Samsung's new flagship device, the Galaxy S4 is the first phone to support the MHL 2.0 standard, meaning that HDTVs and monitors with such a port can charge the device and stream Full HD content down from it at once.

This adapter allows you to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 with any standard HDMI video cabled so you can share what is on your S4's screen with other HDMI enabled visual equipment, like a monitor or TV.

This is perfect for sharing photos with family or friends or giving a presentation to a client.

The HDMI adpater uses the MHL 2.0 standard meaning the device does not need a power supply and it supports 1080p!

Just plug the microUSB/MHL connector into the S4 and then connect a standard HDMI cable to the adapter and to the TV or monitor, then the phones display will be shown on the big screen!

Samsung Galaxy S4 HDTV Adapter Features

• This is an official accessory for the Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Allows for HDMI output to HDTV
  • Uses MHL 2.0 standard so the S4 does not require a power supply to work
This adapter is currently available in the UK from Clove but should make it's way to other parts of the world.

Will you be getting one of these?

This adapter is a good product but since both this adapter and the Samsung smart dock supports up to 1080p, I would spend a little more and get the smart dock, where it has 3 usb ports and an hdmi output that can turn your phone into a mini computer. See the smart dock working with the Note 3 below if you are interested:
[video=youtube;DCPCY9PSfSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPCY9PSfSk[/video]
[video=youtube;lWN43pnkg0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWN43pnkg0s[/video]

BLAZETIGER

Reaction score
Why are these do hard to find? Shortage or is a new one coming out. Been debating on getting this, but might have to get the All Cast hub as a second option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5

Wrong. If you look at the video on their site, you'll see their adaptor is connected to a power supply. I don't see how they can say otherwise on their site. That's crazy.