Verizon Galaxy S3 Receiving Update to VRBMB1

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Verizon Galaxy S3 Receiving Update to VRBMB1, Improves Keyboard and Bluetooth ? Droid Life

A new update for Verizon’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been approved as build VRBMB1 (Android 4.1.2). The update improves predictive text in the keyboard, allows users to take pictures while on calls, syncs emails better, and enhances Bluetooth. That’s pretty much it, well, other than some added bloatware.
It’s not Android 4.2 The update is 150.3MB in size.
Typically when Verizon approves updates, we see them arrive on devices within a week. The rollout tends to start with a few devices and then rollout to more as the days progress.
More info.

galaxy-s3-update.jpeg
`

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Wonder what the chances of them changing the color of the notification bar back to black would be? Here's to hoping.

Deznoid

Reaction score
I haven't even received the first up date to JB yet? Should I be worried about this?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I haven't even received the first up date to JB yet? Should I be worried about this?

I def would be .....r u rooted? ??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Deznoid

Reaction score
No root here. I have tired updating manually, it says connecting for a few moments, then goes back to the last screen for updates. Verizon has told me to be patient, but I'm beginning to think there is more to it.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
No root here. I have tired updating manually, it says connecting for a few moments, then goes back to the last screen for updates. Verizon has told me to be patient, but I'm beginning to think there is more to it.

I would speak with a higher level of tech support like a tier 3 cuz thrir 1st resolution reps are horrible

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Deznoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll keep checking in with the Verizon reps.

Deznoid

Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet. Do I pull my sd card out before doing something like that.?

mettech

Reaction score
Installed new 4.1.2 update...

Slight lag on switching screens, but otherwise.. it makes me run faster and jump higher..:icon_ lala:

myersdtm

Reaction score
4.1.2 Update installed----Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does making Amazon a "stub" application mean? I can't find a jot of difference when accessing Amazon through my browser or on my app screens.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
4.1.2 Update installed----Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does making Amazon a "stub" application mean? I can't find a jot of difference when accessing Amazon through my browser or on my app screens.

Should allow you to delete them I believe

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I got the update also however havent played with it yet, anyone notice anything major differences? improved or problematic?