Verizon’s Galaxy S3 Receiving Major Update to Build VRBMD3

mike0164

Reaction score
I just received the update. My phone is not rooted. Simply pull the update from the server (Settings -> About Phone -> Software update)

Batman8

Reaction score
I pulled it with no problem, but now I have lost root and unlocked bootloader. Voodoo root keeper did NOT help.

Anyone found a good/fast way to re-root and unlock?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if FoxFi is still working after the update. I keep worrying that Verizon is going to sneak that disability into an update and ruin all my fun.

mike0164

Reaction score
FoxFi seems to work just fine. FWIW, I only have the free version, as I do not use it a lot (only in cases of emergency with my tablet).

richtheruler

Reaction score
On the update page it says it provides easier nfc access (easier to toggle on) I can't find this easier access anywhere. Anyone know?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Droid Forums

Nenda2

Reaction score
I'm a Verizon baby and just got my update! Yipee! Now to figure out how to use the new updates!

Batman8

Reaction score
I pulled it with no problem, but now I have lost root and unlocked bootloader. Voodoo Root Keeper did NOT help.

Anyone found a good/fast way to re-root and unlock?

After looking more closely, it looks like "Voodoo" actually DID restore root after this update (just so you all know). Now if I could only unlock the bootloader again...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Are you all sure this is the same update as in the OP? They did release an upgrade a few weeks ago that some didn't get unless they pulled it manually.

EDIT: NM I'm downloading it now .. :D

BrendonSF

Reaction score
FoxFi is working for me after update, and Voodoo was able to keep root. However, the talkback icon loads in the notification bar upon every boot, even though I have the service disabled. Kind of annoying.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
After looking more closely, it looks like "Voodoo" actually DID restore root after this update (just so you all know). Now if I could only unlock the bootloader again...
You did not have to unroot, I am also rooted and unlocked, here is the Deodex "bloatfree" version, enjoy, I also have posted a link to the separate modem.
★ [Rom][I535VRBMD3][4.1.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [05/29/13]★ - xda-developers
[FIRMWARE] <VRBMD3> (MODEM/RPM/TZ/SBL) Verizon SGS3 (SCH-I535) - Verizon Galaxy S III Development - RootzWiki