The next Droid Phone to join Verizon's line up?

droid2817

Reaction score
I heard the htc passion is going to be the android phone to get. Anyone have any ideas about this? I love the droid.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
eeewwww that looks like someone ate and digested a voyager..
not even going to look into the phone i want the moto version a lot more ;-)
(hopefully tomorrow)

ebean

Reaction score
that is not a good-lookin' piece of phone. very fugly.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
At first I was pissed that my free every two doesn't come around till the end of December, now I'm changing my mind.....might pay to wait a few months !

Ron W.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Interesting that the slide out keyboard is MUCH smaller than the top piece. Looks like a doctored photo to me, but I could be wrong... maybe it only slides out party way and fits evenly when slid back together. I do like the idea of the spaced out keys tho, as my big fingers have a hard time with the droids current keyboard.

Fact is, we are going to see a LOT of new android 2.0 capable phones. The Sony/Ericson with snapdragon looks good. The next wave of phones including iPhones will be 1Ghz + cpus, at least 512MB RAM, and so on. It's only going to get better. I know that the droid is going to be "obsolete" in 6 months, but it's a great phone right now, and especially for us Android 2.0 developers, it's great to have actual hardware to test on right now! The only people that will really kick themselves are those that can't afford to buy a new phone when a better one comes out. Fact of the matter is, the Android OS is the same on allt hese phones, and you're really paying for faster cpu, sharper display, functionality (keyboard or not).. thats mostly it. If at any point a better phone comes out and you try it out and like it, you can simply buy it for full price if you must have it.

Only thing I am not sure of is.. if you DO buy a new phone, and take the Droid off the account, can you sell the droid for full price (er.. more than say $200 that we paid if signing up for 2 year contract)? Or is it tied to the account. I assume since there are no sim cards, you can just sell it and anyone can activate it at that time.

RushInRed

Reaction score
iphone look alike

looks like a iphone i traded for the droid

keeping what i got :icon_ banana:

RushInRed

Reaction score
iphone look alike

iphone look alike
keeping what i got
heck i traded in my iphone for the droid

ill just have to get use to the small kb thats all:)

LordKastle

Reaction score
Fake picture.

Even if it was real the Droid is Verizon's flagship phone for this generation. Next generation, who knows but there is a reason why Verizon put its dollars behind the Droid.