HTC Scorpion the next Verizon Android phone?

J

JohnDroid

htc-scorpion-verizon.jpg

MobileCrunch has posted an article that makes some pretty wild speculation about a possible Android-powered Verizon phone called the HTC Scorpion.

What is the basis for this? Well for one thing a build file showed up a while ago that referenced the name (article here) - in addition, some of the specs were contained: 1.5ghz processor, Android 2.2 and WiMax support.

Besides the build file, conflipper, a ROM maker has come out and sort of "confirmed" the device will be heading for Verizon.

You can read MobileCrunch's full article on the phone here: Rumor: HTC Scorpion and all of its 1.5 Ghz, Android 2.2 goodness headed for Verizon?

cideas

Reaction score
and it will fail because of the sense UI.. i swear htc should make this a plugin.. i will never get an htc android device because of this

Jmart922

Reaction score
To simply say that such a device would fail based on its user interface is quite laughable! Wow, maybe you forgot about a little device called the Droid incredible which was successful enough to be put on back order chump!...not everyone cares for rooting and ASAP updates to the latest OS. BTW I own the original Droid, love the vanilla experience!

sroach23

Reaction score
scorpion, shadow/extreme , droid 2, droid pro, galaxy s, etc.. i was set on the shadow/extreme but im starting to go crazy figuring out what the hell to get.

wmnomore

Reaction score
OK, i agree that sense should be optional in some way. It's not my cup of tea. I love HTC's hardware though.

snip"Wow, maybe you forgot about a little device called the Droid incredible which was successful enough to be put on back order chump!"

Back order due to short supply of amoled. chump.

I'm waiting for this. then i'll be waiting for the next.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, that was HTC's plan.....I'm not mad at them at all...lol

And the back order also had to do with a parts issue. There's no telling what the hold up with it is: demand or a screw up with manufacturing. Could be both.

I tried Sense UI, I tried MotoBlur. I dont mind either one. If a phone is powerful and someone doesnt get it cuz of the UI......I mean c'mon....

See like this article, it was written in Feb. How many ppl on this forum knew about this?

Again, even more choices for folks in the near future...

Resistance....

Is....

Futile.....

y0manda

Reaction score
1.5ghz?? Holy Hell battery sucker! I hope it comes with a solar panel on the reverse side

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
1.5ghz?? Holy Hell battery sucker! I hope it comes with a solar panel on the reverse side

It might be good with battery life. The cpu technology gets better with power use as the years go by. It could actually have the same battery life that we see today. Might even be better.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I was at an HTC event here in California last night and one of the HTC employees there actually said something about another HTC Android phone coming real soon but wouldn't tell me any details about it so I'm thinking this is what he was talking about.

I believe he even said it was headed for Verizon but not sure (music was loud lol).

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was at an HTC event here in California last night and one of the HTC employees there actually said something about another HTC Android phone coming real soon but wouldn't tell me any details about it so I'm thinking this is what he was talking about.

I believe he even said it was headed for Verizon but not sure (music was loud lol).
Hmm...so many choices and decisions to make

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, its a good time to be in the market for a smartphone. Or be an early adopter. Hey Mix, u ready to pay retail again...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm getting this phone, idc if its retail or not, as long as it has Sense, that 1.5 processor with a good GPU, no keyboard. My Moto Droid is getting a little too big for my liking.