HTC Scorpion the next Verizon Android phone?

ckeegan

Reaction score
I never claimed to know a phone in the past with no sense ui. Try reading the following and you may finally understand what i was trying to say.

Let me ask you this, did you look at the website i provided on my initial post? if you answer no then any response from you would be just silly and pointless you seem to think i am dreaming this all up because its fun to do or something.

ill even be nice and do it again.

The HTC Scorpion may pack 1.5Ghz processor, Android v2.2, and WiMax – if it exists

read over it, the part that says "ro.home.ui.sense.=0"

this is a leaked rumor, if this rumor (notice rumor again? or should i say it a couple more times?) is true, which it does point out a lot of common facts we already know from other rumors then that would mean sense would not be included.

and again, when did i ever say Sense UI would end? i stated this phone would not have it loaded, same thing when moto doesnt put there ****ty blur on the phones. Droid came out with no blur was it the end? No.

You obviously missed the entire point of what i was trying to say, it wasnt just speculation i made in dreamland its a real rumor. Please dont tell me i have to explain to you what rumors mean and how serious to take them I was just throwing it out there.

Droid was missing blur being verizons flagship device, i dont see it being that hard for verizon asking HTC to leave sense out on this next flagship device to give the people what they want most, an upgrade to the new OS as fast as possible after source code being released from google. Its not that far fetch if you really think about it.
Seriously, it's like you don't get it. HTC has not released a device without their UI (TouchFLO or Sense) in more than 3 years. Why would they do it now? More importantly, why would the head of HTC's "user experience design team" say they already have plans to integrate it into Gingerbread? Why would they need to code "ro.home.ui.sense.=0" into a device that doesn't have Sense at all? Maybe you can turn off Sense, but that certainly wouldn't speed up the update to future OS versions, since they'd still have to write it for when Sense is turned on.

The Droid 1 didn't have Blur because Blur had basically just been introduced, and at the time, Blur was only incorporated into devices like the Devour, Cliq, and Backflip. However, we already know that there will be a version of Blur on the Droid 2, so it's safe to say future devices will always have some form of Blur.

Custom UI is one of the most effective ways a device manufacturer can differentiate (and brand) themselves. Therefore, it won't be going away anytime soon. Hell, people thought Sense was going away with Windows Phone 7 (an OS that was thought to deny UI overlay), but HTC has already put their plans in place to include Sense in some form. Android is unlikely to EVER restrict manufacturers in that way, so custom UIs are even less likely to go away.