HTC Scorpion the next Verizon Android phone?

viper1549

Reaction score
It probably wouldn't be a quick upgrade to Gingerbread because it has to be compatible with the HTC Sense.

Lol I don't understand, did yoou read what I said? My point was if it doesn't have Sense it will be a quick upgrade to gingerbread after its released. Should I say it in a different language?

Hate to be a dick about it but how do you respond to a post without even understanding what u read?

blazingwolf

Reaction score
It probably wouldn't be a quick upgrade to Gingerbread because it has to be compatible with the HTC Sense.

Lol I don't understand, did yoou read what I said? My point was if it doesn't have Sense it will be a quick upgrade to gingerbread after its released. Should I say it in a different language?

Hate to be a dick about it but how do you respond to a post without even understanding what u read?

It's an HTC phone. It will have Sense. Your wishes will not come true.

viper1549

Reaction score

It's an HTC phone. It will have Sense. Your wishes will not come true.

Well see about that, when it doesn't you can buy it for me in return for being wrong :)

ckeegan

Reaction score
Well see about that, when it doesn't you can buy it for me in return for being wrong :)
Are you saying you don't think it will have Sense? If so, then you're definitely wrong. HTC will not come out with an Android device without the Sense UI, especially since HTC has already announced a fairly major update to Sense, which just so happens to have an ETA around the time we should see Gingerbread make it to HTC devices anyway.

HTC Optimistic About Windows Phone 7 Despite Limitations Velocity - Forbes.com

ckeegan

Reaction score
Are you saying you don't think it will have Sense? If so, then you're definitely wrong. HTC will not come out with an Android device without the Sense UI, especially since HTC has already announced a fairly major update to Sense, which just so happens to have an ETA around the time we should see Gingerbread make it to HTC devices anyway.

Here's the quote from the article in case you don't feel like reading it:
Google, too, has indicated that it wants to make the next (3.0) version of Android more polished and user friendly. Industry observers have speculated that manufacturers like HTC will make fewer alterations on their Android phones as a result. Bamford, however, says he doesn't expect Google's tweaks, which are scheduled to debut before the end of the year, to affect his work. "Google may focus more on improving the user interface on the stock Android [software], but I don't think they'll preclude manufacturer customization," he explains.

viper1549

Reaction score

Here's the quote from the article in case you don't feel like reading it:
Google, too, has indicated that it wants to make the next (3.0) version of Android more polished and user friendly. Industry observers have speculated that manufacturers like HTC will make fewer alterations on their Android phones as a result. Bamford, however, says he doesn't expect Google's tweaks, which are scheduled to debut before the end of the year, to affect his work. "Google may focus more on improving the user interface on the stock Android [software], but I don't think they'll preclude manufacturer customization," he explains.

I read that article before I posted mine. Never said it was the end of sense said the scorpion may not have it.. just a rumor and a hope but don't act like u know for sure u don't, the rumor was pretty clear sense was missing but until its anounced its just speculation..

Time will tell but just because its been on every HTC phonne doesn't mean its not possible they will skip one for the sake of quicker upgrade wait like EVERYONE wants after a new OS come out.

Rumors can't be wrong or right til proven so don't tell me I'm wrong I had a rumor and I shared it with everyone take it for what u want nothing proves sense will be on this phone u just think its likely b/c of history..

We will see, we will see..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You aren't a very smart person = \

viper1549

Reaction score

Yet you don't explain..

So explain how I'm not a smart person, if HTC Sense is included yes will take a long time to upgrade to make it compatible for 3.0 gingerbread. If HTC Sense is not included it will be a quick and painless jump to gingerbread and won't take nearly as long.

What part are you getting confused on?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yet you don't explain..

So explain how I'm not a smart person, if HTC Sense is included yes will take a long time to upgrade to make it compatible for 3.0 gingerbread. If HTC Sense is not included it will be a quick and painless jump to gingerbread and won't take nearly as long.

1. HTC Stated that Gingerbread doesn't mean an end to Sense UI

2. Name me a recent HTC marketed phone that doesn't run on Sense UI....

viper1549

Reaction score

Yet you don't explain..

1. HTC Stated that Gingerbread doesn't mean an end to Sense UI

2. Name me a recent HTC marketed phone that doesn't run on Sense UI....

I never claimed to know a phone in the past with no sense ui. Try reading the following and you may finally understand what i was trying to say.

Let me ask you this, did you look at the website i provided on my initial post? if you answer no then any response from you would be just silly and pointless you seem to think i am dreaming this all up because its fun to do or something.

ill even be nice and do it again.

The HTC Scorpion may pack 1.5Ghz processor, Android v2.2, and WiMax – if it exists

read over it, the part that says "ro.home.ui.sense.=0"

this is a leaked rumor, if this rumor (notice rumor again? or should i say it a couple more times?) is true, which it does point out a lot of common facts we already know from other rumors then that would mean sense would not be included.

and again, when did i ever say Sense UI would end? i stated this phone would not have it loaded, same thing when moto doesnt put there ****ty blur on the phones. Droid came out with no blur was it the end? No.

You obviously missed the entire point of what i was trying to say, it wasnt just speculation i made in dreamland its a real rumor. Please dont tell me i have to explain to you what rumors mean and how serious to take them I was just throwing it out there.

Droid was missing blur being verizons flagship device, i dont see it being that hard for verizon asking HTC to leave sense out on this next flagship device to give the people what they want most, an upgrade to the new OS as fast as possible after source code being released from google. Its not that far fetch if you really think about it.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

I'm 99.9% sure that I won't need to worry about buying you anything.

I'm excited for this thing either way but I hope its not there

Sorry but titans and blazingwolf are right, HTC Sense will be incorporated into any HTC phone that comes out unless something drastically changes and i don't see that happening. HTC Sense is an awesome UI, I personally love it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm 99.9% sure that I won't need to worry about buying you anything.

I'm excited for this thing either way but I hope its not there

Sorry but titans and blazingwolf are right, HTC Sense will be incorporated into any HTC phone that comes out unless something drastically changes and i don't see that happening. HTC Sense is an awesome UI, I personally love it.

Yep Sense UI is a big selling point for Android Veterans.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically it's a senseless arguement ... hehehe...

Lack of will never happen just yet.