Droid Incredible by HTC - The Next Verizon Droid

claustin

Reaction score
i don't think those are actual pics of the device. Just renders. They were in another thread somewhere. I agree if the camera actually sticks out like that it would be a horrible design choice both aesthetically and functionally.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very happy with the Droid but since I bought it originally in large part for the physical keyboard that I almost never use the Incredible is an option. Have to say, though, that reviews of the Incredible's AOMLED screen have been mixed, specifically in terms of glare in the sunlight. And since another major reason I purchased the Droid was that I could actually crank up the brightness level enough to make it usable outside, I will have to see a working model at a VZW store before I consider giving up my Droid.

bristolcat

Reaction score
I keep looking at it and thinking how much I like the simple lines of my Droid. I mean, can you imagine how weird the cases are going to be for this thing? That back piece has odd raised shapes on it. It's still a beautiful phone, but I'm not giving up my Droid anytime soon.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
i don't think those are actual pics of the device. Just renders. They were in another thread somewhere. I agree if the camera actually sticks out like that it would be a horrible design choice both aesthetically and functionally.

Look at the actual Verizon pic at the top. You can see the camera sticks out a little just like the pics I posted.

HCdroid

Reaction score
Looks very nice and sleek...but not giving up my droid anytime soon. I'm sure Motorola will have something up their sleeves soon. I'm very happy that Android OS is making a stand and it's here to stay. It's kinda cool also to know that I own the phone that started a new era...DROOOIIDDDD!!! :motdroidvert:

lockman

Reaction score
Just showed my wife - she wants. But she likes my Droid too, so I might cheap out on her
:biggrin::D

FireDroid

Reaction score
It is just hard to pay that much cash just for a very plastic constructed phone that will offer very little over the Droid! I am one that loves the heft and solid bulletproof feel of the Droid, It feels nicely constructed.

I have looked at other HTC phones and they just feel really cheap to me, dont know why but that is a problem with me in life. If I drop enough coin I want it to feel worth the money and the incredible will most likely not fill that for me.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It is just hard to pay that much cash just for a very plastic constructed phone that will offer very little over the Droid! I am one that loves the heft and solid bulletproof feel of the Droid, It feels nicely constructed.

I have looked at other HTC phones and they just feel really cheap to me, dont know why but that is a problem with me in life. If I drop enough coin I want it to feel worth the money and the incredible will most likely not fill that for me.

Well just don't drop the phone after you drop the coin and you should be fine. I too agree with everyone about the camera sticking out though. This will make a horrible design and very liable to break if dropped on its backside.

indee2025

Reaction score
Am I the only one who think this thing is a hunk of chinese made junk?

I dont think it will seem any faster than the droid as I use my droid with tons of apps n such and don't experience any lag........the Motorola Droid will be the best man at my wedding thats how much I love this thing...makes my old iphone look like a kid who rides the short bus......also Droid incredible? Anyone else think this sounds like broken English? I'd be happier to see a new droid with the same body type but 8mp camera and snapdragon inside, also where is my red droid eye live wallpaper like the one seen on boot?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Am I the only one who think this thing is a hunk of chinese made junk?

I dont think it will seem any faster than the droid as I use my droid with tons of apps n such and don't experience any lag........the Motorola Droid will be the best man at my wedding thats how much I love this thing...makes my old iphone look like a kid who rides the short bus......also Droid incredible? Anyone else think this sounds like broken English? I'd be happier to see a new droid with the same body type but 8mp camera and snapdragon inside, also where is my red droid eye live wallpaper like the one seen on boot?

How would you know its a "Chinese hunk of junk" when its not even out yet. A lot of you will be talking crap about it now but when you mess with it, you will probably want it. Droid Incredible is only named that way to keep promoting the Droid Family of phones. Just like the HTC Droid Eris. I do believe it might run faster than the Moto Droid, Camera will be better and it will have A LOT more internal phone storage.

Don't get me wrong i love my Moto Droid but don't knock a phone you have never even seen or got your hands on until you've tried it out. Even if trying it out only means playing with it in the store.

indee2025

Reaction score
How would you know its a "Chinese hunk of junk" when its not even out yet. A lot of you will be talking crap about it now but when you mess with it, you will probably want it. Droid Incredible is only named that way to keep promoting the Droid Family of phones. Just like the HTC Droid Eris. I do believe it might run faster than the Moto Droid, Camera will be better and it will have A LOT more internal phone storage.

Don't get me wrong i love my Moto Droid but don't knock a phone you have never even seen or got your hands on until you've tried it out. Even if trying it out only means playing with it in the store.[/QUOTE]

I only say HTC is a nicely packaged hunk of chinese junk because well....I had an HTC smartphone before and it turned out not to last and was junk, my friends had HTC smartphones and well....they crapped out too....I am ridiculously careful with my items; call it part of my OCD if you will. The paint started wearing off fast, the buttons lost their ability to register and started not working, the slideout keyboard started sticking, then became loose and slid out while taking it out of my pocket, i could go on and on....

Yes it is true the incredible might be faster at times then the droid as it should be since its almost twice the speed (not overclocked) but what are you talking about storage??? The thing comes with 8gb...the droid with 16gb, and droid goes up to 32gb and guess what will happen when other phones become capable of 64gb and higher....they will release an update or re-release the same droid with a faster processor and higher upgradable gb. I still think this phone is to keep nexus lovers from running to another provider. Also, I dont have to eat a penut butter and shoe sandwich to know I won't like it so I certainly feel comfortable avoiding the incredible. :)

victorythagr8

Reaction score

Don't get me wrong i love my Moto Droid but don't knock a phone you have never even seen or got your hands on until you've tried it out. Even if trying it out only means playing with it in the store.

I only say HTC is a nicely packaged hunk of chinese junk because well....I had an HTC smartphone before and it turned out not to last and was junk, my friends had HTC smartphones and well....they crapped out too....I am ridiculously careful with my items; call it part of my OCD if you will. The paint started wearing off fast, the buttons lost their ability to register and started not working, the slideout keyboard started sticking, then became loose and slid out while taking it out of my pocket, i could go on and on....

Yes it is true the incredible might be faster at times then the droid as it should be since its almost twice the speed (not overclocked) but what are you talking about storage??? The thing comes with 8gb...the droid with 16gb, and droid goes up to 32gb and guess what will happen when other phones become capable of 64gb and higher....they will release an update or re-release the same droid with a faster processor and higher upgradable gb. I still think this phone is to keep nexus lovers from running to another provider. Also, I dont have to eat a penut butter and shoe sandwich to know I won't like it so I certainly feel comfortable avoiding the incredible. :)[/QUOTE]

The incredible internal storage comes with 8gb of rom. NOT a 16gb sd card, but 8gb of space to install apps for. Now that is a big improvement for the people who doesn't root their phone. But as a person who roots his phone, this phone doesn't give me that much upgrade outside of the camera. I have app2sd, overclock to 1ghz, with 256mb of swap.