The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lets fire up some more rumors. According to Kellex at Droid Life and some individuals over at XDA, the Droid Prime (SCH-I515), possibly named the Droid Charge 2 and Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250) will be two entirely different phones. BOTH will come to Verizon. The Nexus will come to Verizon first, then to other carriers a few weeks later. Not really sure how the Prime/Charge 2 factors into this now? Will Verizon release two different but similar Samsung devices around the same time? Not really sure? Again, these are rumors, so take it with a grain of salt. However, Kellex seems to have inside information on these phones, so there may be some truth here as well.

If these rumors hold true, November 3rd is going to be a great day to be a Verizon customer.

Source: Droid Life; XDA

Last edited:
OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets fire up some more rumors. According to Kellex at Droid Life and some individuals over at XDA, the Droid Prime (SCH-I515), possibly named the Droid Charge 2 and Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250) will be two entirely different phones. BOTH will come to Verizon. The Nexus will come to Verizon first, then to other carriers a few weeks later. Not really sure how the Prime/Charge 2 factors into this now? Will Verizon release two different but similar Samsung devices around the same time? Not really sure? Again, these are rumors, so take it with a grain of salt. However, Kellex seems to have inside information on these phones, so there may be some truth here as well.

If these rumors hold true, November 3rd is going to be a great day to be a Verizon customer.

If nothing else that is the first explanation that decently explains the two different model numbers that have been floating around, but it begs the question, which one's specs have we been looking at?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
If nothing else that is the first explanation that decently explains the two different model numbers that have been floating around, but it begs the question, which one's specs have we been looking at?

Exactly.

If you look at the XDA link, post #166, there's a screenshot of the discussion from Droid Life where Kellex confirms the specs for the Galaxy Nexus. He supposedly has insider information and has signed a NDA. Again....grain of salt, i know.

patriot95

Reaction score

If Verizon does release a "stock" Nexus I can definitely see them releasing a bloatware version weeks later and pushing it much harder in advertising. This isn't the first time that I have heard the Vigor is going to be the phone to beat. The only issue I have is the physical buttons once ICS hits it.

jleeusa

Reaction score
I would have to look back into other threads, but I seen to remember rumors of a Samsung device with big specs and a keyboard. Maybe a keyboard will define one of them.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So going off of what sbenson took from the article article "the Droid Prime (SCH-I515), possibly named the Droid Charge 2 and Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250)" and this leaked road-map which I don't think has been dis proven yet, the Galaxy Nexus is the one that will have "Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.65-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, 5MP camera."

This might also explain the back and forth of the camera specs because we keep seeing that it is 5MP then it is 8MP then it is 5 MP again...

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And could it be that the SCH-I515 is the VZW specific version of "GT-I9210 (W48) Android 2.3.3, 4.5-inch 480×800 Super AMOLED display, supports 4G networks, 16 GB of memory, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and front facing 2MP, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n and 1750 mAh battery." from that same leaked road-map?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
And could it be that the SCH-I515 is the VZW specific version of "GT-I9210 (W48) Android 2.3.3, 4.5-inch 480×800 Super AMOLED display, supports 4G networks, 16 GB of memory, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and front facing 2MP, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n and 1750 mAh battery." from that same leaked road-map?

Exactly what I was thinking. Then the [FONT=&amp]GT-I9250 (W48)[/FONT][FONT=&amp] is the actual Nexus device Verizon will get.[/FONT]

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think I'm on these forums too much. Last night I ate an actual ice cream sandwich and it made me think about the OS!

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I amazed a charge 2 is already coming around the bend though...

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Charge 2, will probably be announce at CES and released shortly after?

The newest article suggests that what we have been calling the Droid Prime is actually the Droid Charge 2 and will drop in November as well...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The newest article suggests that what we have been calling the Droid Prime is actually the Droid Charge 2 and will drop in November as well...

This is true, but will big red really release two similar Samsung phones close together? This just sounds a bit fishy. Maybe Verizon will sell the Charge 2 and Google will sell the Nexus (which will run on Verizon's network)? This is how the original nexus was, sold directly by Google, available to be used w/T-mobile. I don't think it worked out well for Google to do this, so I doubt this is the case, but I guess anything's possible until confirmed.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I think I'm on these forums too much. Last night I ate an actual ice cream sandwich and it made me think about the OS!

That's why I am holding out on my upgrade, my og droid is holding up just fine ... I like the taste of ICS over gingerbread!

ICS just melts in your mouth a lot better than gingerbread...:yahoo:

Last edited: