The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will definitely add the info about the Prime, as it is exactly the kind of "rumors" this thread is built on; however, I'm not sure if I should include a post for the Moto Bullet/Jet that "TheCereal" posted (because it hasn't been mentioned in 6 months) or if I should list the SG3 (because it is still so far off into the future). What do you all think?

TheCereal

Reaction score
Moto Bullet and Moto Jet, first QUAD CORE phones Q1 2012

No concepts out yet, that i have found, but in my opinion, i think it will look like the leaked droid targa photos, before the bionic came out. Moto Jet will be like a Droid 4

Last edited by a moderator:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
LG Revolution 2

Rumored Specs:
Dropping on Oct 20th
4.5-inch 720p Screen

Related Links:

Is LG secretly working on a “Galaxy S II killer”? | Android and Me
more info on this , i imagine this is what this is referring to.

as a must, i strongly suggest you stay away form lg phones at this time.
keep in mind.. they out right lie about update time frames. they lock bootloaders with updates on devices(slate) that were sold unlocked.
I did see that verizon got a timely update on the revolution so maybe verizon forces them a little more than tmobile.
But i would suggest you wait at least 2 weeks of reviews before buying LG.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is LG secretly working on a “Galaxy S II killer”? | Android and Me
more info on this , i imagine this is what this is referring to.

as a must, i strongly suggest you stay away form lg phones at this time.
keep in mind.. they out right lie about update time frames. they lock bootloaders with updates on devices(slate) that were sold unlocked.
I did see that verizon got a timely update on the revolution so maybe verizon forces them a little more than tmobile.
But i would suggest you wait at least 2 weeks of reviews before buying LG.

Good find eagle, and thanks for the message. The info has been added to the Revo 2 post. It will be interesting to see how the IPS displays looks.

There really isn't that much talk about LG phones on these boards as it is usually dominated by Moto, HTC, and Sammy. With that being said, I haven't heard that much negative about them... What do the rest of you think about LG phones? Is the consensus generally negative about their devices?

And to your last statement: That would be my advice when paying $200+ for anything (phone, computer, car, TV, etc) that is just hitting the market, regardless of the brand.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Good find eagle, and thanks for the message. The info has been added to the Revo 2 post. It will be interesting to see how the IPS displays looks.

There really isn't that much talk about LG phones on these boards as it is usually dominated by Moto, HTC, and Sammy. With that being said, I haven't heard that much negative about them... What do the rest of you think about LG phones? Is the consensus generally negative about their devices?

And to your last statement: That would be my advice when paying $200+ for anything (phone, computer, car, TV, etc) that is just hitting the market, regardless of the brand.

on the g2x is has a ips panel and many had back light bleed. some so bad that it caused a yellowish hue over entire screen at any angle and pretty much killed visability from the side. but for the ones like this one(my 3rd) that has minimal backlight bleed. the screen is awesome.
I bought the g2x and tmobile due to verizon not getting any decent phones. luckily i kept the droid on so i wouldnt loose unlimited. the g2x is running decently now after 3 phones and custom roms. the stock rom from lg still is bug ridden and they changed source(on a phone that was suppose to be stock android) so much that netflix wont work on it.
the support for this bug ridden phone has been a joke. and during this fiasco they releaseed an update for the slate and locked the bootloader with that update.
so i have no trust for LG at all. as i said it appears verizon must of pushed them into an update for the revolution, the only reason we have gotten an update on the g2x is a clas action lawsuit and tmobile taking the phone off their website sales for 2 months until they did the update. this update was never fully pushed out. tmobile pushed update for about a week and stopped than told people to go to lgupdate tool to get it and it has since been removed.
so this is a combination of tmobile and lg, but lg also sold this phone knowing it had reboot and lockup issues and poor to non functioning gps. since the phone is pretty much the same as the o2x that was released over seas months before. and the stock android experience they advertised was false all their rom is , is their same lg overlay crap in the build themed to look like stock android. they also advertised this phone due to its great camera and pictures of its camera app than with the gingerbread update they used stock camera that took several funtions away from the phones camera abilities.
both companies continue to try to act as if they are surprised people are having problems.
if there is even a response from either its always ill send this up, ill set up a trouble ticket etc. with never a response afterwards.
So if anyone buys this and you have any problems return it before the 14 days, dont buy into an update will fix this or that, or any other promises because they will say anything to get you past that 2 weeks.
People can take this for what its worth but if you do reseach on g2x youll see im not making any of this up.
they are laying off 30% of their mobile phone division so i dont expect to see things getting any better.
well wait and see, and the phone looks to be good and if it comes with an unlocked bootloader it will be tempting but they have turned me off on any lg product and i wouldnt even think of purchasing an lg product at this time.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Moto Bullet and Moto Jet, first QUAD CORE phones Q1 2012

No concepts out yet, that i have found, but in my opinion, i think it will look like the leaked droid targa photos, before the bionic came out. Moto Jet will be like a Droid 4

I forgot all about the bullet and jet. Could be what Moto has at CES!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^No doubt. Ooops, turns out our sweet phone/processor doesn't play well with LTE. See you in Sept!

patriot95

Reaction score

This would be great. Pick up the Vigor on the 20th (or around there) and be within the 14-day return policy when the Prime comes out. This would enable me (and others) to upgrade in October and still be able to compare the Vigor and Prime when making a final decision. I hope these dates end up being correct.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This would be great. Pick up the Vigor on the 20th (or around there) and be within the 14-day return policy when the Prime comes out. This would enable me (and others) to upgrade in October and still be able to compare the Vigor and Prime when making a final decision. I hope these dates end up being correct.

You and I might be doing the exact same thing. And Nov 3rd would be perfect for my plan anyway. I have 2 to use around that time period and the second is a bit later but perfect for the prime's release if it remains, so I am set.

^Got my phone at Best Buy and they offer a 30 day return window!

Did not know that. How is their tech support/customer service. I have always had luck getting replacements from VZW so I am wondering. And I assume I can take it into VZW anyway since Best Buy is an authorized retailer?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Not sure how Best Buy is, this is my first go-round with them. I just checked my VZW account and it shows my Bionic covered under the insurance (same thing as when I grabbed a used DX off contract). When I called VZW, they said that I didnt need to do anything, my new off contract phone is covered. BB does offer their own coverage, it's $10 per month with no deductable.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
^Not sure how Best Buy is, this is my first go-round with them. I just checked my VZW account and it shows my Bionic covered under the insurance (same thing as when I grabbed a used DX off contract). When I called VZW, they said that I didnt need to do anything, my new off contract phone is covered. BB does offer their own coverage, it's $10 per month with no deductable.

Thanks for the info!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

do they not charge a restocking fee??