The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I am holding out on my upgrade, my og droid is holding up just fine ... I like the taste of ICS over gingerbread!

ICS just melts in your mouth a lot better than gingerbread...:yahoo:

I'm suddenly in the mood for and ice cream sandwich with gingerbread as the outer parts and pumpkin flavored ice cream in the middle... mmmm, tastes like autumn....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

If you look at the XDA link, post #166, there's a screenshot of the discussion from Droid Life where Kellex confirms the specs for the Galaxy Nexus. He supposedly has insider information and has signed a NDA. Again....grain of salt, i know.

Wow that's good news if it is true, and that'll be the phone i get (i returned my bionic after 2 days)...But that post #166 seems like Nov 3rd will be a great day haha

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Just came across this thread and think I will follow it a while. I know it is all rumors but it is nice to dream, lol.
Have a D2 now and was thinking about upgrading to the D3. But now I see maybe a Jet in the future, may have to wait a while. I still like the physical keyboard and a lot of the new phones are touch screen. Always something better on the horizon after you buy a new phone. Just have to take a chance, lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just came across this thread and think I will follow it a while. I know it is all rumors but it is nice to dream, lol.
Have a D2 now and was thinking about upgrading to the D3. But now I see maybe a Jet in the future, may have to wait a while. I still like the physical keyboard and a lot of the new phones are touch screen. Always something better on the horizon after you buy a new phone. Just have to take a chance, lol.

:welcome:, glad to have ya following. You are right, there are a lot of nice things on the horizon, and there probably always will be... but the advice I usually like to give when contemplating a new phone and playing the "next best device" game is to think about two things:

1) How well is your current device supporting your needs and how much do you need a new device.
2) How ready are you to drop the kind of cash required to pick up one of these new devices.

If your current phone is treating you well, then waiting will only get you a better one in the future or a better price on a current one...

nhra1ss

Reaction score
:welcome:, glad to have ya following. You are right, there are a lot of nice things on the horizon, and there probably always will be... but the advice I usually like to give when contemplating a new phone and playing the "next best device" game is to think about two things:

1) How well is your current device supporting your needs and how much do you need a new device.
2) How ready are you to drop the kind of cash required to pick up one of these new devices.

If your current phone is treating you well, then waiting will only get you a better one in the future or a better price on a current one...

I agree with you about if your phone supports your needs. Mine does but do have trouble sometimes with passwords. Would be nice to have the extra row keyboard and a bigger screen on the D3, lol.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Great advice!
And many people are always worried about something better. I equate buying phones to buying a laptop/pc. Not very long after you buy it the one you got is outdated and if you keep waiting for something a little bit better you will never buy one.

Maybe a dumb example but you get my train of thought.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated info and link with pictures added for Revo 2

LG Revolution 2/Optimus LTE

Rumored Specs:
LG-LU6200
Dropping on Oct 20th
4.5-inch AH-IPS display with True HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels)
1.5 GHz dual-core processor Snapdragon S3 (MSM8660)
1 GB RAM
LTE speeds up to 75 Mbps
132.9 x 67.9 x 10.5 mm, 123 g
WiFi Direct, MHL, DLNA
8MP camera, 1.3MP front facing webcam
will be announced September 26th
two cameras a 8MP camera on the back and a 1.3 VGA camera in front
GPS, Bluetooth 3.0,
4GB internal memory storage
1830mAh battery
running on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwhich 2.4.0 when it will be available

Related Links:

newparadigm

Reaction score
I assume the HTC phone coming to VZW (whatever it's called) will have an unlocked bootloader, but if the Samsung phone is modified for VZW, will that also be unlocked?

Basically, any of these phones would suit my needs, but I'd go for the one most likely to have active community development.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
If the prime is a nexus device the bootloader must be unlocked.

newparadigm

Reaction score
Yeah, but if vzw gets a modified version and calls it "droid prime" or whatever, are they still obligated?

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My bet is the Droid Prime (looking more like a Charge) will be locked and UI'ed over Gingerbread, the Nexus (Looking more like a SGS2/Nexus S) will be unlocked and Vanilla with ICS.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I do not want to sound like a baby but I might cry if they change the name AND lock down a Nexus device. It would be such a waste.

newparadigm

Reaction score
I'll be crying too if the unlocked nexus doesn't come to vzw, and they claim the droid prime is the equivalent device. I just can't see them releasing 3 phones of near equivalent specs in such a clustered time frame.