The "New" New Phone Rumor Mill

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GAH!:r_c: ... I'm so torn... =P This is what you get for reading phone rumors. :D I've been waiting since the first release time to get the bionic. Now I'm not sure whether to just get the Bionic now from Costco (with the 30 day return policy) or just plain wait... I really like the Vigor, and I'll probably eventually be going with that when it comes,,, oh but then there's the prime. xD Do y'all think I should go with the Bionic now and return later for prime or vigor or just wait? =P I figure I have an upgrade I might as well use it! =)

While the most common answer is for you to get what's best for you "at the moment" and be careful or "you will always be waiting for the next best thing"... But my advice would be based on the answer to 2 questions:

1) How well is your current device meeting your needs?
2) How easy is it for you to part with the kind of $ needed to buy any one of these phones right now?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

diggy488

Reaction score
Call me picky, but when I heard the Prime will have the power button on the side of the phone, I was pretty excited. Of course this wasn't the main selling point for me, but it's a different feature that would make finger navigation a little easier, as I always cut the screen off after doing a task. It's the little things! dancedroid

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Incredible HD was just posted this morning on phandroid with an october 13th release date. 4.3" 1280/720 screen, 1.5 ghz dual core processor, 8mp rear camera and 2mp front camera, android 2.3.4 gingerbread, one gig ram,16 gig internal and 32 gig SD card. Sounds like an awesome phone.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incredible HD was just posted this morning on phandroid with an october 13th release date. 4.3" 1280/720 screen, 1.5 ghz dual core processor, 8mp rear camera and 2mp front camera, android 2.3.4 gingerbread, one gig ram,16 gig internal and 32 gig SD card. Sounds like an awesome phone.

This post is Incredible 2

The newest theory is that the Droid Incredible HD is what we have been calling the HTC Vigor... which means it may not be the "Thunderbolt 2"

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks sbenson! I don't know if it would have happened if the double post hadn't been created; so I guess you get some of the credit too.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Most likely tall tales, but figured I'd share anyway. Got the link from an Android Police tweet. Never heard of 4chan before.

http://boards.4chan.org/g/res/20045706

Alright so these Samsung representatives dropped by work today and gave our team a heads up about their mobile division and their flagshipphones coming out in the near future. Basically they came in with the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. They said it was a beta model, but it looked likea proper retail version. They talked about that phone, their Galaxy S II, it’s success and the Galaxy S III next year which is already in R&D.

I have an iPhone 4, but I’m very familiar with the Galaxy S II (my job is to work with phones) so it’s easy to make comparisonsbetween thetwo.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus:

- Samsung representatives showed a working a working model of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus but not the Galaxy S III. They passed around the Galaxy Nexus phone and we got about an hour to play with it while they were here. The phone looks similar to the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S II, with a round-edged body, but also similar to the Nexus S with a curved screen. It’s a good size, not too big if you’re used to Android phones. It’s a monster compared to iPhones though.

- Reps said that Verizon passed on the SGSII to have an exclusive deal with Samsung to stock the Galaxy Nexus.

- The SGN will run on Samsung’s Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5GHz, 1gb RAM, Super AMOLED Plus 4.65 inch 1280x720 HD display, 16gb internal memory (with sd card slot) is 8.8mm thick, metal body and a 2000mAh battery (the same as the new one that’s being released for the Galaxy S II).

- It is heavier than the SGSII, weighing in at around 130g-140g because of the metal casing. It feels nice and has got decent weight.

- The phone is blazingly fast, I guess it’s as fast the SGS II. It has no issues with general use and opens apps, drawers etc instantly. No lag. I tried opening a whole bunch of apps, but it was still running smooth and would auto-kill once it got overloaded anyway, so you never feel the performance taking a hit.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Last edited:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! This could be a tall tale but the poster sure spent a lot of time on this. They have post after post with some very detailed information. Either they got a legit hands-on with our dream device or they have one hell of an imagination. My desire for this device could not be any higher.

Come on crApple, announce the iDon't5, so we can get some concrete info from Google on the Prime!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
While the most common answer is for you to get what's best for you "at the moment" and be careful or "you will always be waiting for the next best thing"... But my advice would be based on the answer to 2 questions:

1) How well is your current device meeting your needs?
2) How easy is it for you to part with the kind of $ needed to buy any one of these phones right now?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Very good words of wisdom!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looking at the clips of Sprint GS2 Epic Touch (just felt like typing out the whole name...lol) has me interested in the Prime again. I was set on the Bionic, money issues reared its ugly head..The way its going it will be Oct or Nov before I even have the money.

I'm probably gonna get the Prime or Droid HD now.

And when did 4chan become a spot for phone rumors...lol.

Most likely tall tales, but figured I'd share anyway. Got the link from an Android Police tweet. Never heard of 4chan before.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Ready for more tall tales? The GS3:

http://phandroid.com/2011/09/16/anonymous-4chan-user-also-talks-about-the-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

Last edited: