1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The Droid Wins

Discussion in 'Android News' started by mth04, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Your Vote Counted!

[​IMG]

Well It's offical! The Motorola Droid we all know and love has won the "Gadget of the year" and "smart phone of the year" as well as "navigation of the year" from Engadget.
    That seems like a total blast to all the other gadgets and phones!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  2. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

YAY! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  3. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

"I second that emoticon"
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

We knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Was there ever a doubt?
  6. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

:motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:

Another thing we can put in :iphone: fanboy's face.
  7. SharonW

SharonW New Member

Now that's more like it! ;) Be proud, shout it loud. Droid DOES!
  8. JoDroid

JoDroid New Member

WooooHoooo!! :icon_ lala::rockon::popcorn::gotmyvote::cool:
  9. chops

chops New Member

yeah but under editors choice we lost to iphone under smartphone of the year
  10. kennyg23

kennyg23 New Member

Surprised we won any of them with all of the apple fanboys voting for the iphone on everything.
  11. Technoman

Technoman New Member

We would never win the BIAS vote of the Engadget Editors...... they are Apple Fanboys.... But the PEOPLE CHOICE.... that means something.

Real users, some former iPhone users.

It is the best win!!
  12. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Hooray!

Yay for the Droid and for everyone who voted!
  13. TheBobarazzi

TheBobarazzi New Member

This, plus Time (was it?) giving the DROID top prize... and the DROID still won't get the credit it deserves by iphone fanboys or engaget... but I care less about either of them. :motdroidhoriz:

Anybody else getting sick of whats-his-face (luke wilson, i think) and AT&T's cry-baby ads?... it's like a girlfriend that you broke up with, who is going all over town bad mouthing you...over and over and over. GET OVER IT GIRLS!!!! THE DROID IS A BETTER PHONE!!!:reddroid:
  14. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

V for Victory!!! D for Does!!!
  15. Mars

Mars New Member

we wouldn't have done it without the support of you all here at droidforums.net and everywhere else who supports Android as a whole. WE THE BAAAAAAAST!!
  16. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Whoo hoo!

Glad I voted!
  17. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I was expecting the Droid to win, truth be told. It's the ultimate geek toy, the phone that you only think of as a phone when you need to make a call. It's basically an ultra-mobile PC, only smaller. And as it turns out, a remarkably good overclocker at that. Overclockability is ALWAYS good for geek cred. I bet the custom ROM and overclocking scene helped get alot of votes for the Droid.

I am soooo glad I played with a Droid before "upgrading" my Storm to a Storm2. After 5 minutes with the Droid, the S2 didn't stand a chance.
  18. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Pretty much correct on all points. And that's as good a rationale for the editors of engadget to pick the Droid as the gadget of the year and the iPhone as the smartphone of the year as I can imagine.
  19. ghdesign

ghdesign New Member

I just wanted to say - I'm thrilled about the results. But lets look at the editor's choice for smartphone of the year. Of course it was the iPhone... when you think about it, that phone has already been through 3 generations and was out the whole year. More people had them, understood them and were used to them.

I bought my Droid in early December, which wasn't too long after they came out, but although it is by far the best phone I've ever had and I would say superior to the iPhone, it is still just the 1st generation of this model. Had these two phones come out at the same time, there's no doubt that the Droid would have swept the iPhone off the charts.

I'm not afraid to admit that I am a 1st gen iPod Touch owner and I love it. I'm a Mac user, but also use Windows for some of my design work. I have never once considered switching to ATT for the iPhone because it just didn't have what I needed in a phone, especially if I was gonna pay that much for it. I switched over from a blackberry and being a guy that has traveled a lot, I would always have both devices with me. Now I get the best of both worlds in the Droid and I love it.

I'm saying this because although I do believe the iPhone is a nice phone and will continue to succeed, this accomplishment of the Droid, and also with the N1, will definitely give Apple a run for their money in the smartphone battle, and I believe it won't be long before many ATT users start auctioning off their iPhones on eBay and transfer over to a much better phone and clearly superior carrier.

I know there will always be newer phone being developed and newer technology every couple months... but this accomplishment by the Droid is no surprise to me and I'm thankful I am part of this revolution! :)
  20. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Wow! When I first saw the message "your vote counted" I assumed it came down to just my vote. So.... I finally felt important..

Then I realized that Droid doesn't need my help - its stands tall on it's own merit!

GO DROID! YOU ROCK MY BOAT ANY DAY!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

A VERY HAPPY DROID OWNER - MIKEY :)