The droid is a gift and a curse

twmac

Reaction score
It is a gift because it is highly customizable & significant levels of community involvement/support

it is a curse upon me because....

I can't stop messing with different ROMs, clock speeds, skins, buttons, backups, apps etc.. i have real work to do but updates for various stuff rolls out almost daily. its addictive. woe is me!

:icon_ banana:

Seapup

Reaction score
It is a gift because it is highly customizable & significant levels of community involvement/support

I can't stop messing with different ROMs, clock speeds, skins, buttons, backups, apps etc.. i have real work to do but updates for various stuff rolls out almost daily. its addictive. woe is me!

I hear ya! I've been like this
gamer.GIF
24/7 since November 6, 2009.
lawl.GIF

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

WOW you caught on to the addictive side of this very quickly.

I wonder how the rest of the world spend their day?

Mike

FireDroid

Reaction score
I catch crap from the guys at work because I am on here then tweaking my phone so much, then I show them what my phone can do and they shut up! lol

It is addictive!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will now live out the rest of your life making tweaks, updates, ROM upgrades until your flanges bleed. :icon_ devil:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will now live out the rest of your life making tweaks, updates, ROM upgrades until your flanges bleed. :icon_ devil:

Well at least my mind, small and shallow as it is, will be kept busy! Now, I can tell my wife "don't worry the time I'm spending on my phone and computer is keeping my brain neurons firing and I'm delay dementia" .

is this a great phone or what?????????????????

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I just love having everything at my fingertips. Voice Search, calender, appointments, recipes, to do list, and what not. I love this phone because it has finally gotten me more organized than I ever have been. I am forever trying different apps, and customizing the ones I have so they do what I want. I use it to look up things instead of pulling out the laptop, it's my notepad, alarm clock, reminder, calender, recipe file, Bible, game machine, search tool, guitar tuner, news source, phone book calculator, and quick shot camera.... As I told some friends, about the only thing it doesn't do, is slice pizza...

I haven't rooted, and probably won't, but all of us love are Droids for different reasons, but one of the main reasons is it's versatility and adaptability.....:):):)

garradkiss

Reaction score
Cant Stop!!!

Right on the button. Ive been like this since I rooted it... I could only resist rooting the droid for 3 days. I have a folder on my external hard drive with every rom or mod/theme ive tried. They keep getting better and better and the other great thing is that the Android OS on the Droid has me amped about learning to code again. Major plus.

Everyone i know gives me crap about being addicted to it. I just love seeing the next cool new app/rom/whatever that these amazing communities come up with.

joshua117

Reaction score
WOW you caught on to the addictive side of this very quickly.

I wonder how the rest of the world spend their day?

Mike[/QUOTE]

Rest of...the...world? are you implying that there is more to life than the droid? blasphemy! haha no i know i catch hell all the time for my addiction.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Well at least my mind, small and shallow as it is, will be kept busy! Now, I can tell my wife "don't worry the time I'm spending on my phone and computer is keeping my brain neurons firing and I'm delay dementia" .

Yes, that is a good thing, but you will eventually suffer from AIDS* :icon_ devil:

Depends really on the wife.

*Android Induced Divorce Syndrome

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, that is a good thing, but you will eventually suffer from AIDS* :icon_ devil:

Depends really on the wife.

*Android Induced Divorce Syndrome

Well that made me laugh. As of this writing, however, nothing I've done with my Droid has made her laugh! But after 41 years of marriage:heart:, perhaps she is secretly laughing at me 24/7:)

cuskit

Reaction score
Myself - I can't decide which is more addictive - the Droid or the droidforums.net! ;) Both seem to take up not only all of my idle time each day, but also the time I should be using productively!

My wife refers to both as "the other woman" in my life... :icon_ laughup:

I think she's just jealous of the attention they get from me. Get this - when I call her from my cellphone, the first words out of her are "I suppose you're calling me from her"... :icon_ devil:

mikey - the "can't win for losing" husband. ;)

bastosero

Reaction score
I just love having everything at my fingertips. Voice Search, calender, appointments, recipes, to do list, and what not. I love this phone because it has finally gotten me more organized than I ever have been. I am forever trying different apps, and customizing the ones I have so they do what I want. I use it to look up things instead of pulling out the laptop, it's my notepad, alarm clock, reminder, calender, recipe file, Bible, game machine, search tool, guitar tuner, news source, phone book calculator, and quick shot camera.... As I told some friends, about the only thing it doesn't do, is slice pizza...

I haven't rooted, and probably won't, but all of us love are Droids for different reasons, but one of the main reasons is it's versatility and adaptability.....:):):)

You can get one of those aluminum cases for the Droid and probably use that as a pizza slicer! LOL

Anyway, I love gadgets and I love technology...and I love my Droid! :)

deputc26

Reaction score

LOL, I also have this problem.