Motorola Droid - PENCILS SAVE THE DAY!

cuskit

Reaction score
Have you found that a normal stylus (from a Palm, etc) doesn't work on your Droid? Discouraged because you (like me have King Kong fingers) and typos as well as "4iconswithonetouch" taps are making your Droidian experience a very frustrating one?

Read on to see what the inventor of the MIDRADLE (see my gallery) has come up with! ;)

Want to try a trick? Take a pencil with an eraser. Using a knife - taper the eraser to a point (doesn't need to be real sharp). Or, just leave it blunt - the edges work just as well! ;)

Then, dip the eraser end of the pencil into a glass of water for a few seconds. Now - as long as you hold the pencil by the brass metal ring that secures the eraser to the pencil, you can tap/type away on your Droidian screen just as easy as your bare finger - only more accurately than using KingKong fingers! ;) You may find you need to periodically dampen the eraser/brass as it stops working once it dries out.

I figured this out as water is a conductor of electricity, and holding the metal with your finger enables the static charge of your finger (for lack of the true technical electron/capacitive/radiant/osmosis/photosynthesis whatever the hell it is) to fool the Droid screen into thinking the eraser is your finger!

Of course - you can always bypass the whole glass of water thing and just stick the eraser/brass into your mouth. French kisses work just as well! Can I admit that's what I do most often? On that note - why can't these pencil manufacturers give us flavored pencil erasers? I mean - if they can give us edible panties, why can't I have a strawberry tasting eraser? I can't be alone as one who enjoys chewing on his eraser while passing time at the office each day! :)

Well - that's my pencil/stylus tip of the day! :icon_ banana:

Honest! This really works well! Though my coworkers are getting tired of listening to me slurping away every other minute or so!

Of course - I don't recommend this for real world use! It does work, but is really impractical.. Amusing experiment though.

cuskit

Last edited:

JayMonster

Reaction score
It is a cute idea, but I am not touching my droid with anything filled or dripping water. I'll spring for Mobi Products Touch Screen Stylus.

But that is just my opinion (obviously)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
interesting...dunno if i'll try it though

UggTheThug

Reaction score
i might do it if some horrible accident somehow viciously tore off all the skin on my body, leaving no surface to transmit electrical impulses

but who knows if i could still have the heart to use such a cool thing after such a horrific time

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Cus is now the official Martha Stewart/MacGyver of the Droid world. Let me Google Pencil and see if they still exist. :)

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Cus is now the official Martha Stewart/MacGyver of the Droid world. Let me Google Pencil and see if they still exist. :)
Actually, I'm a woodworker by trade. I go through a thousand pencils annually! Trouble is, now all my coworkers are wondering why all the erasers are wet all the time! ;)

Stuck in the dark ages - cuskit

koralyne

Reaction score
wait a second... you cant use a stylus, or fingernail??
D:

please dont let it be true!

IHOPETHISWORKS!

Reaction score
JUST USED A TOOTHPICK ON QWERTY:motdroidhoriz: TO ACTIVATE W/ VERIZON CUST SERV!