The Droid Bionic is HUGE phone!

Pacidermiz X

Reaction score
don't let the phone wear you....

A bandolier? Patent that, maybe. Look @ all the goofy iphone cases. I took an old Zune armband & wear it while working around the house or the gym. It makes me feel like The Powerglove (had one for my NES) crossed with some arm mounted tricorder. If any one can figure out a cool way to implement the lanyard attatchment (the thingy below the DX's HDMI port) that would be cool. I tried a quick release attatched lanyard (jacked from a flash drive)- hung it around my neck. I felt like a geeked out Flavor-Flav. Boyyyyyy!

Haloman800

Reaction score
I'd honestly get a phone with up up to 5' of screen, as long as it fits in my pocket.. But like an early poster, I'm over 6 feet, haha.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
The Bionic is a hell of alot thicker than the X though, you have to admit....looks even thicker than the Droid 1, and the Bionic don't even have a physical keyboard.
Ya, but it has that BIG 1930 mAh battery!

BlackOtaku

Reaction score
BlackOtaku got a Droid 1. He was perfectly happy with it's 3.7" screen. But then he got a Nexus S. He fell in love with it's 4" SAMOLED. It made his Droid (which he was stuck with as his main phone) feel... inadequate. Then he started to noticed peoples' Droid Xs more and more. He envied them, he thought, "Why can't I have a screen that big and bright?" It drove him mad, to the very depths of insanity... Until one day, he heard about the Droid Bionic. High resolution. 4.3" screen. Tegra 2. It would be his next phone. He would get it, and he would finally be satisfied.

Until two days after purchasing his Droid Bionic, in Best Buy, when he had the fateful thought: "Hmm... I've never really looked at the Dell Streak until now...

TO BE CONTINUED ;)

Lol. Story's all true up to the Dell Streak. 5" is not a size I'm interested in, it's too big to be a smartphone and too small to be a tablet IMO. And about pocketabilty concerns, I'm pretty thin. I wear skinny jeans every now and again. In them I can fit the original Nintendo DS and still walk comfortably, with a slight bulge. That in mind, I'm not too concerned about holsters and cargo pants, a little-in-comparison 4.3" phone will fit in my pockets just fine and dandy, skinny jeans or not. :p

Morgeu

Reaction score
It is a fine size. It is actually thinner than the Droid X (my previous phone). Mind you, I've always had an OtterBox Defender case on my phone but it still fits in my pocket just fine. I'm 5'0 145 lbs so if it fits in my pocket it should fit in anyone's. :p

On a side note...this phone is amazing. It is incredibly faster than my Droid X. My only sadness is that I have to start over on my Baseball Superstars 2011. Lol! :D

chaosnyx

Reaction score
I thought it was going to be a lot bigger also but when I compared it with my Droid X it was not much different in size. The hump in back is less defined then the Droid X. Still a very nice phone. Personally I will wait for the Nexus Prime, blows the Bionic out of the water.

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
You know you guys bumped an 8 month old thread talking about the original design of the Bionic and not the one you have now right? lol
dancedroid

chaosnyx

Reaction score
My noob status should say that I know nothing. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I prefer a 4" screen as well but the .3" extra isn't a deal breaker. In hand I'd like to see the difference between the 2 though.

Hey CK! Haven't seen you around in a coon's age. Never really knew how long a "coon's age" is, but it's been at least that long. :)

Back on topic: I have little hands, but I love big screens cause I have bad eyesight too. Plus the bigger the better for braggin' rights. (ain't THAT always the case).