Submerged my bionic

xmguy

Reaction score
I got caught out in a freak rain storm when I was walking a few months back with my Droid X. I get soaked. Even though I kept my hand in my pocket to keep the phone as dry as I could. When I got home. I pulled the phone from my pocket and pulled the battery out. My water sensor had tripped. But no water had gotten inside the phone like if I had submerged it. Still it worked for a few months til I had to call Asurian for a replacement. Took a LONG time of CRAPPY Droid X2s to get BACK to a Droid X. That I used until I got the Bionic and sold the X.

sqchram

Reaction score
I've splashed a cup of water on the screen face of my Bionic, it was ok.

In a submersion with penetration - its actually best to battery pull and immediately re-submerge your device into pure (90%) or whatever you can get, rubbing alcohol to displace the corrosive water, then dry as others have given tips about. So I take the water indicator by the SD card is a white circle with red 'X's on it - I guess it turns full red when wet?

heh.... penetration...

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've splashed a cup of water on the screen face of my Bionic, it was ok.

In a submersion with penetration - its actually best to battery pull and immediately re-submerge your device into pure (90%) or whatever you can get, rubbing alcohol to displace the corrosive water, then dry as others have given tips about. So I take the water indicator by the SD card is a white circle with red 'X's on it - I guess it turns full red when wet?

heh.... penetration...

Lol. And yes, it's red ink so when it gets wet it sort of smears and it just becomes a reddish/pink dot.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I would take my BB Curve with me in the Jacuzzi. I just got a zip lock bag and was good to go.

kramp

Reaction score
Bionic Dies a Slow, Painful Death

I dropped my Bionic in a toilet (on accident, of course) and at first it seemed fine. I turned it on and even texted from it in the next days. After about 2 days it reverted to only airplane mode and would constantly turn itself on and off. :( Sad, seeing as it is a fantastic phone. Better luck to you!

This happened with my Eris. I too was amazed it still worked. But soon after it started malfunctioning. Turning on and off by it self. Eventually it was unusable. Hopefully yours makes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tennvol

Reaction score
If you get your phone wet take out the battery asap and dry out the phone for several days before turning it on again, otherwise the water will short it out

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Had my original incredible on my lap in my car. When i parked on the street and got out during a massive thunderstorm mind you it flew into a pothole about six inches deep full of water. My incredible was at the bottom with screen glowing at me i grabbed it imputed in car opened it up dried it out and it never skipped a beat. I love my Motorola phones but after that HTC is great too if blew mind!!!

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
JayBusa102709 said:
Had my original incredible on my lap in my car. When i parked on the street and got out during a massive thunderstorm mind you it flew into a pothole about six inches deep full of water. My incredible was at the bottom with screen glowing at me i grabbed it imputed in car opened it up dried it out and it never skipped a beat. I love my Motorola phones but after that HTC is great too if blew mind!!!

Again I say... WHAT LUCK! lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC