The Droid Bionic is HUGE phone!

Dj Quik

Reaction score
Honestly I don't mind carrying around a big phone the bigger the better that's just me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

J

Johnly

I like a phone.....not interested in a happy meal toy...16:9 4.3 please...lets chop some chins huh?

Pacidermiz X

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" 270 too, My DX is fine, I still pocket it with an Otterbox Defender case. I'de say be carefull about pocketing any device with a big screen. I squashed a slim, thin, Sony camera w/ a 2" screen at the Grand Canyon with it in my front pocket.
And I heard that its Blurless- Moto's not calling it Blur, but the new UI has components of Blur. tht's the way tech rolls, incrementaly. I don't get why poeple disrespect Blur anyway.

Freezetron

Reaction score
After having a dx as my first smartphone, I wont go with anything that has less then a 4.3" screen. Hell, I want a droid with a 5" in screen and anyone who biatches about the size and weight of smartphones can go back to feature phones

I also could care less about blur, im not as anal as 90% of the peeps of this forum are

Sent from my DROIDX

Spyder RT

Reaction score
Honestly I don't mind carrying around a big phone the bigger the better that's just me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Amen. I'm so sick of these ipod nano sized phones that only my 8 month old can dial on.

I like a phone.....not interested in a happy meal toy...16:9 4.3 please...lets chop some chins huh?
So I'm not alone. Tiny phone haters UNITE!!!!!!!!

Zippster

Reaction score
6'4" 250 here but the phone still looks huge to me, wont stop me from buying it though. :)

BigLizard

Reaction score
I honestly can't wait to have a giganto size phone in my hands. I'm 6'0", 220lbs. My D1 is cool, but the damn keyboard is way too small for my hands. I will definitely be one of the first people to purchase one on Washington state. It's kind of retarded that the 1st bit of lte network is going to be in centrelia and Olympia. Why not start in Auburn or Tacoma...let's pick some more random places while their at it.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Hell, I want a droid with a 5" in screen

Lol good luck with a 5 inch screen.. That's pretty close to tablet size. Best buy has a android phone with a 5 inch screen but don't know the manufacturer. Held it to my face like I was on the phone and not only did I feel like a retard I probably looked like one too. WAY to big. Take a tape measure and measure diagonally across your DX, take it to 5 inches to compare how much bigger 5 inches really is. Lol

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Hell, I want a droid with a 5" in screen

Lol good luck with a 5 inch screen.. That's pretty close to tablet size. Best buy has a android phone with a 5 inch screen but don't know the manufacturer. Held it to my face like I was on the phone and not only did I feel like a retard I probably looked like one too. WAY to big. Take a tape measure and measure diagonally across your DX, take it to 5 inches to compare how much bigger 5 inches really is. Lol

I wouldn't mind a 5 inch screen either but I would use strictly Bluetooth for talking because like you said that would look & feel retarded.

Sent from my D1!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm torn here. :)

Still on my OG, will step up with an upgrade shortly, however I'll be waiting.

While 4G capable, LTE is Long Term Evolution, a pre-4G tech spec hehehe. Just poking a little fun there, but you can look it up.

Truly, what should make the deal or not is:

When you decide to get yourself that next phone, 4G capable, is that the service is AVAILABLE in your area. As far as VZ and myself, it will not, and it is not shown for this year as well. (I have other 4G options though, but can't discuss here).

I say make your next purchase count hardware wise, or you'll be wasting it.

Onto the topic, I look forward to the larger unit, whatever it may be, but anything larger than the 4.3 currently out there will just look plain stupid along the side of one's head when on a call (IMO). Would make me look at a new BT earpiece to live on with it if that becase the case. Bose just came out with one ...

bizzshow

Reaction score
From one of the pics I saw it was shorter than the dx but I'm sure it will be thicker

aschindler

Reaction score
Where does a guy carry such a large phone? Will I be able to sit down if I put it in a front jeans pocket? Will I need a geeky holster? Do I need to buy a selection of pocket tees?

massivegunz

Reaction score
It might be to big for me, Im 5'5" 140 LBs. I think I might look like Zack Morris back in the day with his oversized phone in Saved by the Bell.