Submerged my bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Dougw133, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Dougw133

Dougw133 New Member

After my bionic was acting up.I was going to try to exchange this week. I decided it would be safe in my waterproof pocket of my rain gear while fishing this weekend. Long story short it rained and.the.water rose quickly. I.was swept down river and when I finally got out I realized the zipper of.the pocket was slightly open!

I completely submerged the phone. When I took it out of the.pocket it was still on! I removed.the battery cover and pulled the battery. I was pouring a stream of water out of the headphone jack. Water got behind the screen as well. Then I.noticed there is a little circle near the sd card and it turned red. Water damage indicator! A very long story short the phone.dried out and I type this from it! It works flawless! I am impressed. There is a slight bit of condensation behind the screen on the bottom but almost.gone. I can't believe it still works after that! Thought id share.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. lightsout

lightsout New Member

This happened with my Eris. I too was amazed it still worked. But soon after it started malfunctioning. Turning on and off by it self. Eventually it was unusable. Hopefully yours makes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

all your water sensors are bad so you can't return it now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. tbell6

tbell6 New Member

If you bought insurance, get ready to file claim and pay the deductable.

5. DrZenga

DrZenga New Member

Did he say he was taking it back after or before he submerged it? I think he is getting to the fact that he is surprised the bionic survived swimming in his pocket lol. Anyways congrats sir!. I freak out when just a drop of any liquid gets near my phone! Now i'll be a little less freaked out, but that doesn't mean I'll take chances

6. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

i dunno i didnt read it all i was actually in the car at the time but i am home now???? i think he was going to return it but decided to wait and in the meantime got it wet i dunno if he wants to still return it or not i was just saying :)
  7. DrZenga

DrZenga New Member

After rereading it, I'm still confused as to if he still wanted to return it. Maybe he was going to but now he can't since it was submerged. I'm effin confused lol.
  8. jhom

jhom Member

I think he was going to exchange it before it took a bath.
  9. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

That is a pretty awesome story. I've lost 2 phones due to water damage. Another good one was with my X2, I had it sitting on a table next to my plate at dinner. I was pouring a glass of milk and, like a retard, set the cup near my phone. As I'm pouring my dog bumps the table or something and the milk stream hit's the side of the cup, knocking it off the cup holder and spilling it all. over. my. x2. Pretty much covered the whole front side. I FLIPPED! Immediately pulled the battery out, the water damage thing hadn't even been touched. Wiped it off and got a wet paper towel, gently cleaning any edges so it wouldn't get sticky and just let it sit for awhile. Seriously, like 1/3 of the milk jug had more or less been emptied onto it. Didn't notice a single problem (not including all the problems the X2 already had...)

Sadly in another instance I dropped my Samsung Rogue into a full glass of rum and coke. Submerged the whole thing instantly. Surprisingly cell phones don't float. RIP Rogue. Though this did open the door to my Eris, my first REAL smartphone (rogue/voyager don't count).
  10. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

yeah boy lets hear it for the voyager!!!
  11. DrZenga

DrZenga New Member

enV touch all day!

12. Cinoib

Cinoib New Member

put the phone in a bag of white rice for a day or so. That'll suck the moisture right out of the thing!
  13. sajgel

sajgel Member

lg 8000 ftw
  14. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike New Member

After losing my iPhone (okay, not a loss, really) and Asus TF/dock (big loss for me) -- as well as my SUV -- in a flash flood in AUG, I've decided to by a Squaretrade warranty on each phone or tablet I get. If you get rid of the phone before the warranty is up, you get a prorated refund, and the deductible on phones is only $50 (it's nothing on tablets). Best $80 I wish I had spent. :blink:
  15. Anathema

Anathema New Member

If it happens again. Pull the battery and but the phone and battery in a bowl of rice (or any grain) and let it sit out for at least 24 hours. Has worked for me twice with phones
  16. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

I got caught out in a freak rain storm when I was walking a few months back with my Droid X. I get soaked. Even though I kept my hand in my pocket to keep the phone as dry as I could. When I got home. I pulled the phone from my pocket and pulled the battery out. My water sensor had tripped. But no water had gotten inside the phone like if I had submerged it. Still it worked for a few months til I had to call Asurian for a replacement. Took a LONG time of CRAPPY Droid X2s to get BACK to a Droid X. That I used until I got the Bionic and sold the X.
  17. sqchram

sqchram New Member

I've splashed a cup of water on the screen face of my Bionic, it was ok.

In a submersion with penetration - its actually best to battery pull and immediately re-submerge your device into pure (90%) or whatever you can get, rubbing alcohol to displace the corrosive water, then dry as others have given tips about. So I take the water indicator by the SD card is a white circle with red 'X's on it - I guess it turns full red when wet?

heh.... penetration...
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  18. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

Lol. And yes, it's red ink so when it gets wet it sort of smears and it just becomes a reddish/pink dot.
  19. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

I would take my BB Curve with me in the Jacuzzi. I just got a zip lock bag and was good to go.
  20. kramp

kramp New Member

Bionic Dies a Slow, Painful Death

I dropped my Bionic in a toilet (on accident, of course) and at first it seemed fine. I turned it on and even texted from it in the next days. After about 2 days it reverted to only airplane mode and would constantly turn itself on and off. :( Sad, seeing as it is a fantastic phone. Better luck to you!

Search tags for this page
bionic phone got wer
can i recover my droid bionic when submerged in water?
driod bionic water sensor

droid bionic got wet

droid bionic water sensor

dropped bionic in water sd card ok ?
dropped my samsung galaxy s4 in a bowl of milk

my droid bionic got wet

submerged s4 in water
water sensors on the droid bionic
wet motorola bionic
will motorola bionac survive water