Submerged my bionic

Dougw133

Reaction score
After my bionic was acting up.I was going to try to exchange this week. I decided it would be safe in my waterproof pocket of my rain gear while fishing this weekend. Long story short it rained and.the.water rose quickly. I.was swept down river and when I finally got out I realized the zipper of.the pocket was slightly open!

I completely submerged the phone. When I took it out of the.pocket it was still on! I removed.the battery cover and pulled the battery. I was pouring a stream of water out of the headphone jack. Water got behind the screen as well. Then I.noticed there is a little circle near the sd card and it turned red. Water damage indicator! A very long story short the phone.dried out and I type this from it! It works flawless! I am impressed. There is a slight bit of condensation behind the screen on the bottom but almost.gone. I can't believe it still works after that! Thought id share.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lightsout

Reaction score
This happened with my Eris. I too was amazed it still worked. But soon after it started malfunctioning. Turning on and off by it self. Eventually it was unusable. Hopefully yours makes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookerdj

Reaction score
all your water sensors are bad so you can't return it now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tbell6

Reaction score
If you bought insurance, get ready to file claim and pay the deductable.

DrZenga

Reaction score
Did he say he was taking it back after or before he submerged it? I think he is getting to the fact that he is surprised the bionic survived swimming in his pocket lol. Anyways congrats sir!. I freak out when just a drop of any liquid gets near my phone! Now i'll be a little less freaked out, but that doesn't mean I'll take chances

hookerdj

Reaction score
i dunno i didnt read it all i was actually in the car at the time but i am home now???? i think he was going to return it but decided to wait and in the meantime got it wet i dunno if he wants to still return it or not i was just saying :)

DrZenga

Reaction score
After rereading it, I'm still confused as to if he still wanted to return it. Maybe he was going to but now he can't since it was submerged. I'm effin confused lol.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
That is a pretty awesome story. I've lost 2 phones due to water damage. Another good one was with my X2, I had it sitting on a table next to my plate at dinner. I was pouring a glass of milk and, like a retard, set the cup near my phone. As I'm pouring my dog bumps the table or something and the milk stream hit's the side of the cup, knocking it off the cup holder and spilling it all. over. my. x2. Pretty much covered the whole front side. I FLIPPED! Immediately pulled the battery out, the water damage thing hadn't even been touched. Wiped it off and got a wet paper towel, gently cleaning any edges so it wouldn't get sticky and just let it sit for awhile. Seriously, like 1/3 of the milk jug had more or less been emptied onto it. Didn't notice a single problem (not including all the problems the X2 already had...)

Sadly in another instance I dropped my Samsung Rogue into a full glass of rum and coke. Submerged the whole thing instantly. Surprisingly cell phones don't float. RIP Rogue. Though this did open the door to my Eris, my first REAL smartphone (rogue/voyager don't count).

DrZenga

Reaction score
enV touch all day!

Cinoib

Reaction score
put the phone in a bag of white rice for a day or so. That'll suck the moisture right out of the thing!

Reaction score
After losing my iPhone (okay, not a loss, really) and Asus TF/dock (big loss for me) -- as well as my SUV -- in a flash flood in AUG, I've decided to by a Squaretrade warranty on each phone or tablet I get. If you get rid of the phone before the warranty is up, you get a prorated refund, and the deductible on phones is only $50 (it's nothing on tablets). Best $80 I wish I had spent. :blink:

Anathema

Reaction score
If it happens again. Pull the battery and but the phone and battery in a bowl of rice (or any grain) and let it sit out for at least 24 hours. Has worked for me twice with phones