Dropped Droid off a dock, was underwater for ~5min.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I once left my LG Dare in my pocket when i took my pants off, my girlfriend scooped them up while I was in the shower and put them in the washer. 10 minutes later I discover my phone is in the wash, I quickly got online to see what I could do (with basically no hope of it surviving) and stumbled across someone who recommended placing silica packs (the ones that say do not eat in a variety of containers/shoe boxes and the like) put the phone in a sealed ziploc bag, insert as many silica bags as you have, and leave it for a few days with the battery out.

After vacuuming out as much of the water as I could, I tried to turn it on after a few hours (before reading on the net NOT to do this) and it lit the screen and then died, so I thought I was ruined. Keep drying it out, it took a full 2 days before I could get it to power up (and it would still randomly shut off requiring me to reboot) After a week it was 100% back to normal, to this day that phone still works (sold it to buy my Droid for free).

So don't give up just yet.

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Well, water resistant is the term. Go to the Droid store and look under cases. 24.95 or close to that amount.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Thanks huge and droidgirl, if the phone works, I'm getting that case.

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Good luck with the phone. I'm thinking about that case myself. I work outside and I got stuck in the rain the other day. The only safe and dry place on me was my boots. So my girl Dolly Droid had to hang out in my cowboy boots for a hour or so. It worked

Keep us posted on your phone situation. Good luck

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Good luck with the phone. I'm thinking about that case myself. I work outside and I got stuck in the rain the other day. The only safe and dry place on me was my boots. So my girl Dolly Droid had to hang out in my cowboy boots for a hour or so. It worked

Keep us posted on your phone situation. Good luck

RMcCall

Reaction score
put it in a jar of rice. The rice draws the moisture out of the phone. I've fixed a couple ipods this way.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Droid Does survive drops in deep drinks.

Just tried to boot it up, and up she came! Wooot! Thanks for all the help.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Edit, it is working but it always thinks it is in a media dock, weird. Gonna have to delete that hook somehow.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Ouch. You powered it on too soon. You should have removed the battery cover, opened the slider and put it in a zip lock bag and then filled it with rice and let it sit for a minimum of one week to even 2 weeks. That would have probably saved your phone. Unfortunately though it seems you fried it because there was still a good amount of moisture in the unit after only a day.

R

Romple

Don't lose all hope OP.

My buddy moved to Pittsburgh and swiftly lost his cell phone during a 3 foot blizzard. Got a new phone and forgot about the old one. Spring comes, snow melts, and he sees his old phone outside his front door on the ground. It was buried in the freezing snow for at least 3 months.

He took the battery out, dried everything, and just let it air dry for a week. Put everything back together and the phone goes on without a hiccup.

Crazier things have happened!

junpar

Reaction score
everything should be fine, just give it time, maybe the dock issue will be fixed. I've had one of my phones put in a washing machine as well as stuck in melting snow for a few days. Not as bad as a whole season though!

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Um I keep getting people telling me it MIGHT stil work. Well it DOES work. I powerexd it up today and it's all good except for it always thinks it's in the media dock.

I REPEAT, MY PHONE IS WORKING. So thanks for all the advice etc. Droid Does.