Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Which is then followed up by post #34. lol We need to see video of the Bionic taking a picture to confirm.

I agree. I posted the response from moto several times on here about the shutter lag issue. But as I believe, build 893 isn't the final release version for the push. Most of the users in that thread saw zero shutter lag, which I too am surprised at. But, from everything I have read on Google and Motorola forums, ICS is going to, and has, to those who installed the leak, proved to provide a significant improvement in quality and shutter lag. But, as stated earlier, we won't be able to tell for sure until we see ICS. I am sure the nexus is going to be a great phone and have a great camera experience. What I don't like is that those with little knowledge (Not referring to anyone in specific) coming out and saying that it is a hardware only issue, when it fact it is not. It may play a part in it, but software plays an equivalent or greater part of it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
See this is what I'm trying to figure. The impression I got from the ICS event was the zero shutter lag was a GB thing. If it does turn out to be an ICS thing then I believe Moto cameras have the potential to be top of the line. As we know from the Bionic, the hardware is there but the software isn't. If Moto could fix the software the Bionic would have a great camera. I've taken some great pictures already. The problem seems to like in the focus and lighting areas. The camera itself is fine and the video quality is great. The only problem with the video is the constant unneeded focusing issues. These can all be fixed by a software update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
See this is what I'm trying to figure. The impression I got from the ICS event was the zero shutter lag was a GB thing. If it does turn out to be an ICS thing then I believe Moto cameras have the potential to be top of the line. As we know from the Bionic, the hardware is there but the software isn't. If Moto could fix the software the Bionic would have a great camera. I've taken some great pictures already. The problem seems to like in the focus and lighting areas. The camera itself is fine and the video quality is great. The only problem with the video is the constant unneeded focusing issues. These can all be fixed by a software update.

Exactly, and I'll repost this again for those who missed the other 4 or 5 times I posted it, this is directly from motorola forums:

Hello shadez69 and thank you for your post and feedback. I have followed the camera(s) on the Motorola Android smart phones since the introduction of the original Droid and I have spent many, many hours studying photos, EXIF data, technical specifications, etc. and I have determined (to my satisfaction) that the Motorola camera hardware is as good as many and better than most. It's the software that needs either serious tweaking or even being completely rewritten. Why this has not been addressed more extensively than it has remains a mystery. Zero (or nearly zero) shutter lag is completely possible on the existing phones as well as more exacting rendering of colors and low light photography, among other things. There has not been enough "squeek" on this wheel, IMHO, to have the camera firmware developers to take this issue more seriously. Hopefully, that will soon change. --- Dan

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Here's my problem with this statement.

Phone A is running GB2.3 and has crappy pic quality.
Phone B is running GB2.3 and has great pic quality.

Common sense would lead me to believe that the issue lies more with the quality make of the camera itself, rather than the software.

Sent using common sense.

And I'll just repost this since no one responded to it earlier.

Sent using common sense.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And I'll just repost this since no one responded to it earlier.

Sent using common sense.

Well depends on what Phone A and Phone B is. Software can run differently on 2 different brands of phones. Some features of Gingerbread work fine on 1 phone while they don't work as well if at all on another. That's where ICS comes in, so we don't have these issues.

portermac

Reaction score
When I take pictures I get hardly any shutter lag. You just hold the button down until you are ready then let off. It takes pics almost instantly. Holding down focuses just like my 600 dollar phone.
If people learn how to you use the bionic camera they would be much happier with it. Now for night pictures its not the best but neither is any other camera phone I've ever used.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My inc2 has most everything offered from ics already built into sense. And stock sense runs great. Doesn't bog the system down at all. Hardly no camera shutter lag. Phone has zero lag. I am looking forward to ics and am curious to see what HTC does with it...but it was kind of underwhelming when ics was announced. I agree with op.

sent from my skyraider inc2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Shadez, does Dan work for Google, Moto, or is he some kind of professional photographer?

He is a 'MotoXpert', I am not sure if he works directly for motorola, forum support or is just a regular member with a high ranking title. But in his other posts he has mentioned he is a professional photographer. I am relatively new to moto forums, so I don't know myself how exactly their hierarchy works yet. :)

harpua

Reaction score
Allow me to again post my disappointments.

Disappointment 1 would be if VZW does not release this phone before anyone else. (because i am a vzw customer)

Disappointment #2 would be if I need to wait until after 11-17 to have this phone!

but the newest rumors from droid life is in an email from signing up at vzw for galaxy nexus that 11-10 is the date. :fingers crossed: !!!

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a 'MotoXpert', I am not sure if he works directly for motorola, forum support or is just a regular member with a high ranking title. But in his other posts he has mentioned he is a professional photographer. I am relatively new to moto forums, so I don't know myself how exactly their hierarchy works yet. :)
Well then I hope the update this coming month fixes the issues with the camera..or at least some of them.