The D3 is out, so where's GB for the D2G?

warped1987

Reaction score
They said that they would push out the Gingerbread update shortly after the Droid 3 was out in stores, so here we are still waiting, lol.

What are everyones expectations for GB? Personally I'm expecting them to drop the ball on it, just don't want to get my hopes up expecting it to be perfect.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

veetvoojagig

Reaction score
With the track record of OEMs EOL-ing older hardware, I'm not holding my breath for an update.

captain howdy

Reaction score
No one knows, I heard it be some time in aug. But even that is a guess

anuran

Reaction score
It is not like they are going to increase their customer base by pushing the update. We all just got to wait it out.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Probably be atleast 2 weeks after the D3 was released. They wont release a device and then turn around and release an update for a different device....

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
They said that they would push out the Gingerbread update shortly after the Droid 3 was out in stores

Where exactly did Verizon officially state that?

I don't remember exactly, on their site? Lol. It was all over here somewhere, the had a blog or whatever saying that we, along with the D2 and DX2 would get our GB after the D3's release. But my info might be slightly off, I'm kinda drunk right now and drunk texting lol

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Let me remind that for you: the whole “after D3 launches” is based on a leaked training memo.

Yeah, that's all. Nothing else. A leaked training memo.

Soap

Reaction score
I sometimes have missed calls and dont know about it unless my friends told me. People who have d2g also get problems like that. As a phone,hopefully it may be fixed by gb.

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
God I hate all this uncertainty! I am sure that the stupid Gingerblur POS that we are all waiting for wont even be that great. The only reason I even want it is because I can't have it!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That would be a blur version and old.

anuran

Reaction score
No wonder, I was looking at the pdf and it is signed October 2010. Sorry about my gusto.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Lol wow I thought it was legit.

Khiraji

Reaction score
God I hate all this uncertainty! I am sure that the stupid Gingerblur POS that we are all waiting for wont even be that great. The only reason I even want it is because I can't have it!

Well, if it's anything like the leak for the D2 non-global, you'll see a huge speed increase as well as a few new features here and there. I'm running it right now on my D2, and my phone is way faster. Everything just feels more responsive and snappier. Blur is a POS, but Gingerbread Blur isn't (IMO) nearly as frustrating as Froyo Blur. :icon_ banana: