ETA before D2G insurance, replaces with D3

OP
H

habo

Reaction score
Exactly. That's why it bothers me that certain sites report when the insurance companies are out of a certain phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

No, my phone is actually broken, but I can hold off until the D3 comes.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well i just turned my og droid in for warranty replacement to assurion and they sent me a brand new Droid 2 Global as of Thursday. Once i saw i could get cyanogenmod on here i had to finally part ways with my og and now i have a brand new phone running exactly like my old one with more memory and speed... i figure ill keep this for 6 months do another warranty replacement get a new d2g if they arent giving out d3's by then and then in another 6 months or more they should be giving me a brand new d3.... im not saying what im doing is right but they get me for every penny they can so i intend to do the same lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Such a scanner...its people like you that abuses the system that ruins it for a lot of us that uses the warranty insurance like its supposed to be: replace a damaged phone (water, cracked screen, etc.) to lost or stolen phones. I hope they keep track of people that do these scams and bar them from using the insurance to get a better model phone

If its not Boeing, I'm not going! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

Insidious

Reaction score
I have the D2 and it's under warranty and theyre sending me a D3! IDK if it was just a rep screwup (if it is i got crazy lucky) OR if they dont have any more globals :D!

ExodusC

Reaction score
Did you replace under Verizon insurance?

My Droid 2 Global now has a problem where the bottom of the screen has some kind of material that appears to be swelling up and covering some of the pixels.

Droid 3 or not, I really might have to replace it soon.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Kenshai

Reaction score
Did you replace under Verizon insurance?

My Droid 2 Global now has a problem where the bottom of the screen has some kind of material that appears to be swelling up and covering some of the pixels.

Droid 3 or not, I really might have to replace it soon.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Had that happen on a warranty replacement Droid 2. I called and *****ed at Asurion they ended up sending me a new D2G as replacement. Mine came up until a certain point little bit little everyday covered up scroll bars and what not. Was annoying.

haztv

Reaction score
Well as i stated im not saying its right but i pay for insurance so y not use it? I had a phone stolen put in a claim then a second phone was damaged and upon using my second claim assurion/verizon cancels ur insurance thats a scam in itself u pay for an overpriced phone, pay for insurance and then they look for a reason to not give u a phone or allow u 1 claim per year when u have a 2yr contract usually... insurance companies rape customers everyday and its not like I turn in a perfectly good phone just in hopes of getting a new one... they give u a 1 year warranty on a refurbished phone cause they know the phones are crap every phone i ever turned in had an issue covered under the warranty I cant help if eventually they force a new phone on u ive actually waited while they backordered an og droid cause i didnt want a d2 when it first was offered as a replacement but now that cm4d2g is out it made sense for me to take this phone dont hate the player hate the game lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Glad you guys got globala when you replaced your droid 2s. When I replaced through insurance, I got another normal droid 2 but with an r2-d2 screen.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Guys, I've made 5 (yes, FIVE) warranty claims in the last year on my D2G. Yep, I'm on number 6. Every time, Asurion was helpful, polite, and overnighted me a brand new (NOT CLNR) D2G. Actually, I take that back, they mailed me ONE, but when I complained about the quality (it had a HUGE gap between the keyboard and screen), they mailed me another brand new D2G the next day. They have never even MENTIONED the POSSIBILITY of cutting off my insurance. (Note: they were all legit claims.... I break things. =( )

maxwellag

Reaction score
I have the squaretrade insurance. Will squaretrade ever start replacing d2gs with d3s? I hope they do!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
H

habo

Reaction score
So since the D2g is on the eol list, any updates on the estimated time for droid 3's?

bfederspill

Reaction score
The droid 3's are out now. Call the nearest verizon store they should be in.

Sent from my "rooted" Droid 2 Global.

PuneE

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/verizon

based on vzw's facebook page, they still have plenty of these to give away at BOGO @ 150$ ... for a 9mo old device. when u can just get a BOGO on a D3 instead at the same price. vzw is pretty funny many times.

hradek422

Reaction score
It's still going to be a while on this. I just contacted Asurion today because the brand new R2D2 Droid they sent me back in January finally crapped out. Lost all data connectivity. They went through troubleshooting, and are sending me a D2G tomorrow. They obviously still have them in stock. I even had the choice between black and white (chose black, duh)

ExodusC

Reaction score
Guys, I've made 5 (yes, FIVE) warranty claims in the last year on my D2G. Yep, I'm on number 6. Every time, Asurion was helpful, polite, and overnighted me a brand new (NOT CLNR) D2G. Actually, I take that back, they mailed me ONE, but when I complained about the quality (it had a HUGE gap between the keyboard and screen), they mailed me another brand new D2G the next day. They have never even MENTIONED the POSSIBILITY of cutting off my insurance. (Note: they were all legit claims.... I break things. =( )

It's still going to be a while on this. I just contacted Asurion today because the brand new R2D2 Droid they sent me back in January finally crapped out. Lost all data connectivity. They went through troubleshooting, and are sending me a D2G tomorrow. They obviously still have them in stock. I even had the choice between black and white (chose black, duh)

Question: If I make a warranty claim rather than an insurance claim, am I still required to pay the deductible?