ETA before D2G insurance, replaces with D3

habo

Reaction score
Just like the D2 sent out globals after a while, will the D2G asurion insurance send out D3's?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It'll be a while. I think they still have D2G's in stores to sell.

end of line...

ExodusC

Reaction score
With the number of problems I've had with my Droid 2 Global (large amounts of dust under the screen, terrible battery life at times, and some other issues), I've been waiting it out, spending a lot of time fixing things myself when I can.

I guess if I do decide to return it under my insurance policy, I can try to hold out until they hopefully start giving Droid 3's as replacements.

At the moment I'm fairly happy with it though, aside from some of the problems I mentioned earlier.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know that they will ever decide that all globals will be replaced by droid 3s. The reason they did it with the droid 2/ global is that the global was a direct replacement for the d2 and they then phased the d2 out completely. Now there may still be times that they run out of globals and are forced to give you an upgraded device, but the d3 is significantly better and newer than the global so I really don't see them making it the permanent replacement. Also remember that even after a phone reaches eol, they still keep a back stock for situations like these.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, I did an insurance replacement of my Og Droid the other day and they sent me another one. If they still have OG Droids you can bet they'll have D2G for a while.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

haztv

Reaction score
Well i just turned my og droid in for warranty replacement to assurion and they sent me a brand new Droid 2 Global as of Thursday. Once i saw i could get cyanogenmod on here i had to finally part ways with my og and now i have a brand new phone running exactly like my old one with more memory and speed... i figure ill keep this for 6 months do another warranty replacement get a new d2g if they arent giving out d3's by then and then in another 6 months or more they should be giving me a brand new d3.... im not saying what im doing is right but they get me for every penny they can so i intend to do the same lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

ExodusC

Reaction score
If you replace under insurance, does Verizon offer the option to pay the difference on an upgrade?

I doubt it, but it would be nice.

tvd2g

Reaction score
I did the same thing with the d1 and they gave me a d2g. So I still have my upgrade. The phone im waiting for is the atrix to move to verizon. I heard it a few months ago. Id love to get an atrix reflashed for verizon. Is this possible since I have a sim?

Sent from your moms yambag using my heXen d2g

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i don't think that would be possible because of the differences in their internal radios since they use different tech for both 3g and 4g. however isn't the bionic essentially the verizon atrix?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Atrix 4G isn't 4G, it's your regular GSM/UMTS/HSPA+ phone, and as such is completely incompatible with Verizon.

bfederspill

Reaction score
Where did you find cm for the droid2 global? I looked for it but couldn't find anywhere.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
People doing this sort of thing is what jacks the prices up on insurance...just saying.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. That's why it bothers me that certain sites report when the insurance companies are out of a certain phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk