ETA before D2G insurance, replaces with D3

tvd2g

Reaction score
Question: If I make a warranty claim rather than an insurance claim, am I still required to pay the deductible?

No you are not. It must be made prior to the one year pf replacement. Has to be defective not damaged. My charger port is loose. Im thinking or making a warranty claim to get a replacement but this is my third d2g ans this one worked the best. Touch and proximity sensor work flawlessly. Idk if I really want to chance it again. It charges just not if im in car and using it. Tension from spring cord makes it lose contact but does not fall out and doesn't charge. Leave it alone and it charges. Like on my nightstand at bed time.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

juv3

Reaction score
I had a droid 1 and used the Insurance like 2 times, on my third one it was a warranty issue and they sent me the droid2g, that was a good free upgrade... im pretty sure the droid3 will replace droid2g when they run out

fredric53

Reaction score
D2G replaced with Droid 3

I think i may be the first but tommorrow i will have a nice shiny Droid 3 in my hands,free of charge without upgrade thanks to the D2G for breaking so much,yup verizon is replacing my D2G with the Droid 3 after 6 refurbished D2G

DEViousUSR

Reaction score
Droid 3 Upgrade Confirmed

My D2G was replaced once before and I happened to be scanning the forums when I noticed the above post. I hate this handset for a LOT of reasons. Primarily the lack of support from the OEMs, but I could go on and on. The actual issue with the phone is that it will not charge a battery once it goes to 0%. I have to move the battery to another phone (i.e. my old water damaged Droid 1), then once charged it will recharge. Strange firmware issue I am guessing?

To the point... I called Verizon immediately after reading someone else got the upgrade, and they said they were gonna send another D2G. I told the guy I would rather downgrade then get another D2G, and I asked him if there were any other options. He put me on hold for about 5-7 minutes and when he came back I was advised my Droid 3 would be in my hands tomorrow. Good luck to all of you, your warranty is about to finally pay off.

vintage2714

Reaction score
They didn't give me such a deal, I had so many issues with my D2G. All they offered me was a Droid Incredible 2. I had to pay $150.00. That will be charged to my next bill. And my contract for my line got exstended.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
They didn't give me such a deal, I had so many issues with my D2G. All they offered me was a Droid Incredible 2. I had to pay $150.00. That will be charged to my next bill. And my contract for my line got exstended.

So you basically started a new contract? I don't think they're allowed to do that.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

btchngrfn

Reaction score
I've had three, THREE, d2's and I've had the same issues with all of them. The chagrin port always comes loose, as the first poster mentioned. I also have had the sensor on the touch screen become unresponsive on the first one, and all three have had problems making ongoing calls and receiving incoming calls. I have also had issues with the screen freezing up. I had to take the battery out to restart it like three times the first day I got it! Before I even put any apps on it...

I'm getting pretty annoyed because my insurance company sent me an email saying the insurance has paid all it is going to for this term. I have over a year left and I know I am going to have the same problems with this Droid 2 eventually. Should I just go up to the Verizon store and see if they will replace it with a Droid 3 under warranty. I want to say the warranty is still good because there is no damage to this phone, but I keep having issues. They know me and my mom (we've been on a family plan with them for 8 years) and usually help us out but I don't know if it is the sales rep's decision or not. Any advice?

maxwellag

Reaction score
I've had three, THREE, d2's and I've had the same issues with all of them. The chagrin port always comes loose, as the first poster mentioned. I also have had the sensor on the touch screen become unresponsive on the first one, and all three have had problems making ongoing calls and receiving incoming calls. I have also had issues with the screen freezing up. I had to take the battery out to restart it like three times the first day I got it! Before I even put any apps on it...

I'm getting pretty annoyed because my insurance company sent me an email saying the insurance has paid all it is going to for this term. I have over a year left and I know I am going to have the same problems with this Droid 2 eventually. Should I just go up to the Verizon store and see if they will replace it with a Droid 3 under warranty. I want to say the warranty is still good because there is no damage to this phone, but I keep having issues. They know me and my mom (we've been on a family plan with them for 8 years) and usually help us out but I don't know if it is the sales rep's decision or not. Any advice?

If the insurance company has abandoned you, yes, definitely go to a vzw store ... no physical damage to the phone = not voided warranty.

btchngrfn

Reaction score
If the insurance company has abandoned you, yes, definitely go to a vzw store ... no physical damage to the phone = not voided warranty.

Exactly what I was thinking. On my way to Verizon now as a matter of fact!

vintage2714

Reaction score
So you basically started a new contract? I don't think they're allowed to do that.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

They did it they added a year to my contract

btchngrfn

Reaction score
Aaaamazing. I love the representative at my local Verizon store. He called the warranty people and talked to them and told them what was going on and that my concerns were legit. They wanted to talk to me so I told them the same thing and that I was worried because I didn't have any more claims on my insurance left and I knew I would damage the phone before my contract was up, voiding my warranty.

The warranty rep told me that the only option Verizon was giving them was to send me another Droid 2, in another color maybe. Im super blunt, so I told her that I highly doubted the color had anything to do with my software problems and that I was going to cancel my contract (and had no intentions of paying any kind of early cancellation fee) if they sent me another Droid 2 Global.
She put me on hold for a while and came back saying she could replace it with a Droid X 2. When I figured out that the X 2 had a huuuge screen and an updated Android version I was all for it. Im kinda worried cause I love my slide out keyboard, but Ive had several touch screen only phones before so ill get used to it.

So, I get that Tuesday! Im stoked. I played around on one at the store and it seems like a great alternative. The sales rep told me he rarely gets complaints on those and sells a lot of them.

To conclude, it all worked out for the best. And its free. And it didn't extend my contract. I think the best way to go about it for those who have the same problem is to go into a location where they know you best and just tell them honestly what's up, tactfully. Show your concern, but also imply that you'll take your business elsewhere if they're going to let you buy a crap phone and not help you out when there is really something wrong with it. As long as there isn't any water damage, you should be golden.

Thanks for all the support you guys gave me! Im really excited about the X 2 and can't wait till Tuesday!

skruid

Reaction score
I hope they never give d3 for d2, d2g you should always get what you had forums like this are stupid and makes prices for phones insurance and so, I just don't get it, for no reason should they give you a better phone

iguanad

Reaction score
Eventually they run out of the previous model while some existing phones are still under warranty.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk