ETA before D2G insurance, replaces with D3

Insidious

Reaction score
Aaaamazing. I love the representative at my local Verizon store. He called the warranty people and talked to them and told them what was going on and that my concerns were legit. They wanted to talk to me so I told them the same thing and that I was worried because I didn't have any more claims on my insurance left and I knew I would damage the phone before my contract was up, voiding my warranty.

The warranty rep told me that the only option Verizon was giving them was to send me another Droid 2, in another color maybe. Im super blunt, so I told her that I highly doubted the color had anything to do with my software problems and that I was going to cancel my contract (and had no intentions of paying any kind of early cancellation fee) if they sent me another Droid 2 Global.
She put me on hold for a while and came back saying she could replace it with a Droid X 2. When I figured out that the X 2 had a huuuge screen and an updated Android version I was all for it. Im kinda worried cause I love my slide out keyboard, but Ive had several touch screen only phones before so ill get used to it.

So, I get that Tuesday! Im stoked. I played around on one at the store and it seems like a great alternative. The sales rep told me he rarely gets complaints on those and sells a lot of them.

To conclude, it all worked out for the best. And its free. And it didn't extend my contract. I think the best way to go about it for those who have the same problem is to go into a location where they know you best and just tell them honestly what's up, tactfully. Show your concern, but also imply that you'll take your business elsewhere if they're going to let you buy a crap phone and not help you out when there is really something wrong with it. As long as there isn't any water damage, you should be golden.

Thanks for all the support you guys gave me! Im really excited about the X 2 and can't wait till Tuesday!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

My mom has an X2 and likes it a lot! Id much rather have that than a D2G. And id much rather have my OG D2 that the D2G as well.... so many good roms! Dx

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nateishxc

Reaction score
is a warrenty claim when you just call vzw or go into the store and tell them your problems, and they examine the phone?

haztv

Reaction score
Yea so I bought an OG droid 2 years ago and played the assurion hustle until I came up on a free D2G as I posted earlier in the forum. I planned on pimping that out until they gave me a D3 but alas I craked the screen leaving me without a manufacturer warranty and no more insurance due to the number of claims I filed on my OG. I was doomed to buying a new phone on contract between the d3 or the now dropped d4. Just as I was about to cry wirefly has a special giving the d3 and an accessory bundle for FREE so now im rocking my free d3 with assurion insurance which will allow me to pimp this for a yr or so until they start giving the d4's as replacements when the d5 or d4 maxx drops... Can I get an amen? Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk