So not happy with GB

Duece

Reaction score
So I got the GB update yesterday morning and it seemed pretty good until I actually went through my D2G and tried different things after reading about problems people were having, as of right now, I can't open my camera up, I have a location message open up and then it shoots right back to my homescreen so that's useless. And my vibrate doesn't work at all.

After running quadrant multiple times my device, according to the results, scores lower than the nexus 2.2 which it has never done prior to gb. Idk It seems like my device is running even slower then it was pre GB. I want to know why this system flopped like this, back when I got my DROID, first DROID device I've had, GB was the thing everyone was waiting for, not even 24 hours in, I can't stand it.

Idk, maybe just wait for updates??

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

vikramsingh

Reaction score
After the update, a month ago, my D2G has been reasonably fast. I never tested Quadrant on Froyo, but on GB it gives me 1700 - 2100 under different test results - which I think is quite fast. Also I never saw issues similar to those you mentioned. Obviously something is wrong with your devise or update.

On a perfectly running D2G with GB, you will love it.

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
Well then what do you suggest, cuz when I ran quad on froyo I was get results of 1600 to 1900, I ran it just after the GB update and got a 1200 or so, but I just ran it and got a 1700.

Idk

vikramsingh

Reaction score
From what I read elsewhere Quadrant scores vary and are not really reliable for comparing . Plus your may have installed apps etc which maybe causing problems. Although you should not consistently be getting 1200 IMO.

I am really not expert on this. Maybe someone can provide better suggestions.

Cheers!

silver6054

Reaction score
Well then what do you suggest, cuz when I ran quad on froyo I was get results of 1600 to 1900, I ran it just after the GB update and got a 1200 or so, but I just ran it and got a 1700.

Idk

On the Moto Owners forum, Matt, the forum manager, explained that after a major upgrade the phone will often run slow for a day or so, while certain processes get started and do their work syncing etc. His complaint that the "power users", i.e. those in the soak tests and other users of this type of forum, would see this, reboot their phone, reset their phone etc, making the problem continue as the processes had to start over again. His advice was just let the phone be for a day, and only then, if problems persist, take action!

Now no idea how actually true this is, but it does sort of make sense!

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
Alright, so I rebooted my phone, and it seems like it fixed the issue with the camera. So ill try it out, from what I have seen so far, im beginning to enjoy it, and surprisingly I have actually seen an improvement on my battery life. Then again I did remove the live background I had up. Wont know until I have more time with it.

badapple

Reaction score
I had a downloaded ringtone from the internet that worked fine til the GB update. Now it just sounds like a CD skipping on one note. I deleted it and reinstalled, same result. any thoughts?

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
another thing, I have my phone on vibrate and when I receive text messages it does not vibrate. But the touch vibrate on the screen works. Idk, found it interesting, hopefully its fixed in the next patch.

silver6054

Reaction score
another thing, I have my phone on vibrate and when I receive text messages it does not vibrate. But the touch vibrate on the screen works. Idk, found it interesting, hopefully its fixed in the next patch.

Are you using the stock messaging app or something else? Handcent vibrates when I receive the message. Have you checked the notification options for the app?

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
Im using the stock text messaging.

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
Just checked the in app settings and found it.

Thanks for the help.

silver6054

Reaction score
So Duece, are you still "so not happy" with GB? In the other thread you say that GB is "prime", so are most of your concerns gone?

OP
D

Duece

Reaction score
Yes, like I said on my other post, this is my first DROID device so im still getting used to the system, after the learning curve I am very much enjoying GB, and I am so thankful for having these forums, everyone has been so helpful.

Thank you.