The Best ICS ROM

milski65

Reaction score
Problem with bootstrap if you ask me is that you have no safety net god forbid you forgot to make a backup and on top of that you have no way to get into bootstrap aside from the bootstrap app itself as far as I know so if you screw up you're fked end of story. At least with safestrap the splash screen allows you to get back into recovery with out any issues and it automatically backs up your stock rom before switching between unsafe and safe modes.

BS-BP tools version does reboot you to cwm every time (or via battery pull). I know most recommend ss, but I've had no problems with bs. Have 4 nandroids I can flip between ad lib. I realize I'll have to make the switch sooner or later, but it isn't the scary monster I've seen many people make it out to be.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
matjmonk said:
Actually, there is one out now that is more customizable, SpeedliteAKOP. I've been running this one now for a few days and it is pretty smooth and does have a ton of customizations in it. The only downside with it is the battery life but the dev has said he is working on a new version that should help with that. What a great time to be a Bionic user, the ROMS are just falling out of the sky lately!!! Thanks all you Devs!!!!

:hail::hail::hail:

You are right just flashed. This rom is really nice tons of customization. Thanks for the tip!!!

deduct

Reaction score
I have been running liquid blur v1.1r2 and love it! Battery life on this rom and motoicsbean are very good. As is everything else. Highly recommend both.

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
milski65 said:
BS-BP tools version does reboot you to cwm every time (or via battery pull). I know most recommend ss, but I've had no problems with bs. Have 4 nandroids I can flip between ad lib. I realize I'll have to make the switch sooner or later, but it isn't the scary monster I've seen many people make it out to be.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Lol never made it out to be a monster myself I just found it less efficient with the lack of easy of access and the fact that if you screwed up you were forced to at first rsd flash back to stock lol. Things might have changed but I still prefer ss due to the safety net it creates

deduct

Reaction score
Silvernirvash said:
Lol never made it out to be a monster myself I just found it less efficient with the lack of easy of access and the fact that if you screwed up you were forced to at first rsd flash back to stock lol. Things might have changed but I still prefer ss due to the safety net it creates

I agree completely. Also when you do decide to restore or create a backup using ss, it takes almost half the time as it does with bs.

milski65

Reaction score
I agree completely. Also when you do decide to restore or create a backup using ss, it takes almost half the time as it does with bs.

The time issue may be enough reason alone for the switch. It does seem to take forever. I take it my nandroids made on BS will not work on ss? Meaning deleting them and reflashing the current roms I prefer.

deduct

Reaction score
milski65 said:
The time issue may be enough reason alone for the switch. It does seem to take forever. I take it my nandroids made on BS will not work on ss? Meaning deleting them and reflashing the current roms I prefer.

That's correct. You never want to mix safe strap and bootstrap in any way. That's a recipe for disaster.

codygs83

Reaction score
Droidkilla45 said:
where can I download this rom, and How does one install it coming from ICS .233??

Also how do you back up your fone using safe strap?

Go to droidrzr.com there is a section for bionic roms. Its where several developers moved after the hive and rombot shut down. Install it through safestrap 2.0 or 2.1 and you'll be good to go.
PS. I'd go with the speedlite 2.0. It was updated yesterday and is super fast and has wway better battery life. Although the aokp is my fav for the options, I had to many bugs in the speedlite aokp

Droidkilla45

Reaction score
Ok I found the section to download 2.o from... But is it safe to Go from .233 and update to speedlite 2.0???
I also cant post anything on the droid razer site for some reason. I could use some help here guys thanks :biggrin:

Madmodder420

Reaction score
So I have a bionic with clockwork recovery and ota update to .905 using the eclipse 3.0 rom with the radio unlocked for gsm using walmart straight talk prepaid 45$ unlimited everything .. 3g @ 2.5mb all day.. but im not getting 4g lte .. im on at&t hspa network with no love.. so I wanted to use an ics rom to get 4g access.. at this point im confused .. im seeing that I need a .232 radio update and I was on an old eclipse 2.2 rom that used safestrap ... but I flashed back to stock did the 902 to ota 905update then root and install eclipse 3..and unlocked the radio again. where do I go now..I want 4g & ics. many thanks.. as I don't want to brick my phone..