non ICS roms list for bionic:?

unboostedzc

Reaction score
i know i saw this somewhere. basically im looking for the newest/latest developed NON ICS rom for the bionic.

looking to dual boot atomix and a gb rom to use my laptop until they get HDMI out working on the bionic stuff.

raul4916

Reaction score
Basically there is just two non ICS roms which are liberty3 v2.0, and eclipse v2.2

Liberty from what I heard is dead, and they are working on a ICS Rom

Eclipse on the other hand is still working on gb, which is has made a new build for the update on bionic .904 which atm they are on build7. I havent tried it, so idk if it is stable.

the link to it is here:
[ROM] Eclipse Bionic Test Build 07 - 5/3/12

Finally but not least the latest roms for ICS which are most stable are CM9 and AOKP, but they still have internet issues periodically; therefore still beta.

the link to it is here:

http://rombot.droidhive.com/targa.html<<<<<more user friendly but it does not have the latest updates of the rom itself.
if you want the latest updated version go here:
Index of /ROMs/targa

to see the latest changelog of CM9 and AOKP it is on the bottom of the page of the first link for ICS

Hope this helps you

OP
U

unboostedzc

Reaction score
cool thanks for the quick reply. i believe i was running liberty right before switching over to the droidhive guys and their devs. running axiom right now on the ICS side just needing something other than stock for the GB side.

i always liked the liberty guys and their builds. IIRC there was also a few CM7 builds I played around with but switched to ICS based stuff right after. i'll try out eclipse 2.2 on the GB side and see how it does.

deduct

Reaction score
DO NOT flash a custom Rom on your unsafe side!!! U want to keep this as your stock build so you can fall back on it if you brick your phone. Or if u have to return your phone for warranty, you will be able to switch back to stock and unroot and remove all traces of root. If u want different roms to flash to easily just flash a rom on safe side, set it up the way you like it and backup under backup/restore in safestrap. Just be sure to erase data, cache, dalvik , and format system before u restore a backup. I personally have eclipse, kin3tx, and axiom ics rom's backed up and ready to go whenever I feel like a change. And with stock blur on unsafe side, I can go back to stock whenever I feel like it or want to flash a leaked update.

qweesy

Reaction score
^^ BS back before the SAFEStrap Nonsense there was only one way screw all that ive flashed only UNSAFE every single time, get 902 path saver from droid hive and latest drivers, the only reason you should have a safe system is if you want to dual boot $hit , the most stable GB Roms out there are Kin3tix .901 and Eclipse Build 7 hes currently building for the new 905 update I personally wont be going to ICS until I get an ICS phone the double menu keys look retarded in my opinion

codygs83

Reaction score
qweesy said:
^^ BS back before the SAFEStrap Nonsense there was only one way screw all that ive flashed only UNSAFE every single time, get 902 path saver from droid hive and latest drivers, the only reason you should have a safe system is if you want to dual boot $hit , the most stable GB Roms out there are Kin3tix .901 and Eclipse Build 7 hes currently building for the new 905 update I personally wont be going to ICS until I get an ICS phone the double menu keys look retarded in my opinion

Lol. The double menu keys are easily removed through settings.

ForumRunner_20120630_103830.png

deduct

Reaction score
qweesy said:

Wow! No need to take anyones advice on these forums that personally man. I am just trying to help out. I am sure that most of the members here, especially the moderators, would agree that its smart to keep your stock build on unsafe side. If for no other reason than to be able to return to easily for insurance purposes. But, its your phone man. You paid for it, you can do whatever you want with it. By the way, with the new ics leaks, there are no double menu keys. Its very slick. You should try it. Although official ota should be here very soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

chuck54

Reaction score
But if I'm on an ics rom axiomcs, can I setup safe strap and dual boot to another from? Will I need the ics version of safe strap?

deduct

Reaction score
chuck54 said:
But if I'm on an ics rom axiomcs, can I setup safe strap and dual boot to another from? Will I need the ics version of safe strap?

Yeah if you are in the leaked ics you will need safestrap 2.0. Here ya go:
http://db.tt/Xoiqh1n4

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

codygs83

Reaction score
chuck54 said:

Safestrap 2.0 won't install unless you're on the ics leak. You're trying to have roms with 2 diff base kernals. Ics is totally different from gb. So you'll need to fxz to 902 then ota to 905 THEN install the leak zip through stock recovery. Then liquid and the cm9 and aokp nightlies will run like a dream. Hope this helps. Good luck!