The Best ICS ROM

BTJustice

Reaction score
The Best ICS ROM at least as of the time of this post.

Everything works using these directions...

[GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial For Upgrading Your Bionic To ICS - xda-developers

I only did the first part (Steps 1-16) as I want to wait until custom ICS ROMs are perfected. The Droid Bionic I worked on went from the 1800-1900 range in Quadrant with Gingerbread to right about 3000 with ICS. The only bad thing is that the Verizon apps are still present, but I can live with that until Verizon has an official ICS and the ROM makers have time to make excellent and stable ROMs without the bloat from it.

I did do Step E in the above link to root.

I then installed Bootstrap to make backups in ClockWorkMod...

http://t.co/us4ActbK

Obsidian...

Reaction score
You are asking what is the best?

Sent From My Nexus 7 running Codename Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven alpha41

OP
BTJustice

BTJustice

Reaction score
You are asking what is the best?

Sent From My Nexus 7 running Codename Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven alpha41

No. Just what I have found so far. I hate ROMs where Safestrap is required. If there is an ICS ROM out there that can be installed with BootStrap instead (which I like) then I might give it a shot, but EVERYTHING needs to work.

matjmonk

Reaction score
No. Just what I have found so far. I hate ROMs where Safestrap is required. If there is an ICS ROM out there that can be installed with BootStrap instead (which I like) then I might give it a shot, but EVERYTHING needs to work.

Anything that will install with SafeStrap will also install with Bootstrap but not the other way around. Safestrap is still the best way to go IMVVHO just for the convience and safety factors but it's up to each one to decide how they want to go.

Cheers

Obsidian...

Reaction score

He's right but actually anything that can flash in bootstrap can also flash in SS... The issue isn't SS or BS it's the fact that our phones pre install partition is smaller on ICS for some stupid reason. Because of this a Motoblur rom or even just a deodexed rom won't work with SS because there isn't enough room.

Point being if you like BS use BS no reason not to (besides having to fxz because of a boot loop =) Sorry I test a lot of roms for devs and SS is a life saver

Right now if you are on. 232 you can flash AOKP, CM9, LIQUID SMOOTH, AXIOMBEAM, CM10 AND ToRmEnTeD with SS because they are all AOSP roms

And you can flash all those plus Redhead, Darkness Rises and Chronic with BS Those three are all based off of redhead which is a 232 Motoblur rom

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha50

Hit me up...
Gtalk @ [email protected]
Twitter @Obsidian_22

Obsidian...

Reaction score
I run a couple threads that have download links for all those roms plus gapps and anything else you could possibly need or want for a Bionic running an ICS Leak. Go there and you will find anything you need or want

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=219720

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha50

Hit me up...
Twitter @Obsidian_22

OP
BTJustice

BTJustice

Reaction score
Are there any custom ICS ROMs on that list where everything works? It seems like a lot either don't have working video cameras or GPS, etc.

I would kind of like to find a ICS AOSP ROM using the Nova Launcher with no Verizon crap in it.

The Droid Bionic is a secondary phone of mine. My current phone is an HTC Vivid running Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2.1. I really like that ROM other than the signal strength meter is either full on or full off.

Obsidian...

Reaction score
Are there any custom ICS ROMs on that list where everything works? It seems like a lot either don't have working video cameras or GPS, etc.

I would kind of like to find a ICS AOSP ROM using the Nova Launcher with no Verizon crap in it.

The Droid Bionic is a secondary phone of mine. My current phone is an HTC Vivid running Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2.1. I really like that ROM other than the signal strength meter is either full on or full off.

OK here is a breakdown... cm9 and aokp, Liquidsmooth, Axiom beam, cm KaNgBaNg are all aosp ROMs... the only issue with aosp ROMs right now is screen rotate is messed up... it works fine functionally but the GUI messes up... AOKP CM9 and KaNgBaNg all need ICS Gapps

Redhead, Darkness Rises and Kronik are all motoblur but are too big to flash with Safestrap so you have to use Bootstrap

CM10 and ToRmEnTeD are JB aosp ROMs and data still isn't working good yet, WiFi works perfectly though if you want to test it out... they are ridiculously fast... they needs JB gapps

Lastly there is a new Rom by sonofskywalker3 that is motoblur and SS flash able he has it out to a handful of us for testing but we are already on Beta 3 and I think he'll be ready to release soon

I personally ended up running AOKP by DHacker

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha63d

Hit me up...
Twitter @Obsidian_22

Obsidian...

Reaction score

I forgot something... When you read or have read somewhere that ICS ROMs have non working video or anything else you are or were reading ICS ROMs that were built off of 905. Once we made the move to a ICS kernel (currently 232) all those problems went away including data problems

ICS leaks went like this .2231, .2233, .229, .230 and .232... 232 is almost perfect

.238 & .238 were found but you cannot use fxz if you update to them and they aren't really any better than 232

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha63d

Hit me up...
Twitter @Obsidian_22

DrJay

Reaction score
I am personally running the liquid 2.6 jmod (see Obsidian's post for links) and it is nearly flawless (no webtop, but I don't use it anyway). Best thing about the 232 leak with liquid ics on top is that both cpu cores are active and it is faster than ish and no bloat!!! Over 3000 on quadrant and stable as hell.

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using my fingers

matjmonk

Reaction score
I am personally running the liquid 2.6 jmod (see Obsidian's post for links) and it is nearly flawless (no webtop, but I don't use it anyway). Best thing about the 232 leak with liquid ics on top is that both cpu cores are active and it is faster than ish and no bloat!!! Over 3000 on quadrant and stable as hell.

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using my fingers

I would second that, I've been running Liquid 2.6 since it's release and it is definitely my daily driver. I breifly gave into the crackflash addiction and flashed Liquid CM9 KEXEC yesterday, but it had two random restarts while the phone was sitting idle attached to the laptop for charging so I went back to 26. I had tried to restore my SS backup from the CM9 KEXEC but when the phone rebooted, it wouldn't connect to WIFI (the connection avoided due to poor internet connectivity error) and I couldn't get it to work no matter what so I ended up doing a data wipe and reinstalling which fixed those problems. I'll probably try the non-KEXEC version next week after I see how it works for others. The thing about the Hive going off-line is there just isn't quite the same amount of posting on the Bionic section at the moment, more than likely since not everyone has found the new home yet.

Cheers

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
Problem with bootstrap if you ask me is that you have no safety net god forbid you forgot to make a backup and on top of that you have no way to get into bootstrap aside from the bootstrap app itself as far as I know so if you screw up you're fked end of story. At least with safestrap the splash screen allows you to get back into recovery with out any issues and it automatically backs up your stock rom before switching between unsafe and safe modes.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Silvernirvash said:
Problem with bootstrap if you ask me is that you have no safety net god forbid you forgot to make a backup and on top of that you have no way to get into bootstrap aside from the bootstrap app itself as far as I know so if you screw up you're fked end of story. At least with safestrap the splash screen allows you to get back into recovery with out any issues and it automatically backs up your stock rom before switching between unsafe and safe modes.

Yeah safestrap IMHO is so much better. I don't see why you would use bootstrap when you can use safestrap. Plus with the new version 2.11 it has kexec intergrated. We are not far from custom kernals. Safestrap 2.11 is the only way to flash IMHO.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
matjmonk said:
I would second that, I've been running Liquid 2.6 since it's release and it is definitely my daily driver. I breifly gave into the crackflash addiction and flashed Liquid CM9 KEXEC yesterday, but it had two random restarts while the phone was sitting idle attached to the laptop for charging so I went back to 26. I had tried to restore my SS backup from the CM9 KEXEC but when the phone rebooted, it wouldn't connect to WIFI (the connection avoided due to poor internet connectivity error) and I couldn't get it to work no matter what so I ended up doing a data imwipe and reinstalling which fixed those problems. I'll probably try the non-KEXEC version next week after I see how it works for others. The thing about the Hive going off-line is there just isn't quite the same amount of posting on the Bionic section at the moment, more than likely since not everyone has found the new home yet.

Cheers

I'm on liquid also. Its become my daily driver love this rom. Its customization is second to none.

matjmonk

Reaction score
I'm on liquid also. Its become my daily driver love this rom. Its customization is second to none.

Actually, there is one out now that is more customizable, SpeedliteAKOP. I've been running this one now for a few days and it is pretty smooth and does have a ton of customizations in it. The only downside with it is the battery life but the dev has said he is working on a new version that should help with that. What a great time to be a Bionic user, the ROMS are just falling out of the sky lately!!! Thanks all you Devs!!!!

:hail::hail::hail: