Tether Turns One Year Old!

Reaction score
I went to the folder on my computer and emailed myself the apk file. Opened my email on the Droid and Downloaded it to the card. Used Astro viewer to get to the file and open/install it. If anyone runs into the same issue I had, this should work.

dahotz

Reaction score
if you go crazy with it, maybe. but rule of thumb, use it for convenience, not to download the whole world.

Reaction score
Now I can start Tether on both my PC and Droid, but the Droid says "Waiting for connection over USB." It's not connecting.

texasPI

Reaction score
Guys...first connect your droid via usb. Don't mount. Then run the tether .exe this will install on the pc and droid. Once done, unplug the droid. Then double click the pc side of it and select android usb. Then go to your apps drawer on your droid and start tether there, connect the usb to your pc and voila!

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I prefer my rooted wireless tether option...

much more user friendly...
This...I don't get the excitement over another paid option.

I assume many other members like myself who came from a blackberry already have a subscription to this service (which is a one time fee) and are wanting to use it on our Droid. I have no desire to root whatsoever so this app is a definite plus.

Technoman

Reaction score
Ok since the other thread was closed I will repost here. I have it installed on my PC but how do I get this on my Droid. I already have an account with Tether but cannot figure out how to download to my phone.

Found it. It is in the tether program installed on the pc. Click start then go to the tether folder.

It is in the group folder, but I don't find that it is installing on my Droid. Is this a file that requires ROOT access?

Reaction score
Guys...first connect your droid via usb. Don't mount. Then run the tether .exe this will install on the pc and droid. Once done, unplug the droid. Then double click the pc side of it and select android usb. Then go to your apps drawer on your droid and start tether there, connect the usb to your pc and voila!

Did all that but no voila. Droid still says waiting to connect with USB.

Technoman

Reaction score

Did all that but no voila. Droid still says waiting to connect with USB.

If you turn on USB Debugging on your Droid, then it will install the APP over.

Also, there was a window behind my browser waiting for a PC reboot. Once I rebooted, it finished the setup.

Mine is working, but I will need to try when I have better signal. I do pretty well on the browsers here at the house, but it was slow loading a web page on my PC.

Reaction score
FINALLY: Mine would not work properly so I finally went into my app killer and saw that I had a bunch of programs running in the background on my DROID and I killed most of them. Voila! It now works. I am using it as I type this.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer my rooted wireless tether option...

much more user friendly...
This...I don't get the excitement over another paid option.

If I am reading this correctly. Root is not required :). This is just another program available. I am sure it will help many make more use out of thier droid without rooting or taking a risk to void thier warranty :).