Droid X Gingerbread Wireless Tether Workaround

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So you've tried the wifi tether apk ver 3.0? That doesn't work?

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

I don't think that version is stable...the only stable version is 2.7

Sent from my DROID2

pcpimp

Reaction score
Didn't work for me! I'm running Liberty v.7 on my DX. When I start wifi tether the 3g hot spot apps pops up. No device will even connect. :( Hope this gets figured out!

pcpimp

Reaction score
Didn't work for me! I'm running Liberty v.7 on my DX. When I start wifi tether the 3g hot spot apps pops up. No device will even connect. :( Hope this gets figured out!

EDIT: I have found the TBH patch and it works perfect!

dctag

Reaction score
If I rooted my phone before gingerbread do I need to re-root it now that I have gingerbread to make this tether app work? Im on a Droid X and it does not seem to work for me. It say tethering but it doesnt show up anywhere as a available wifi signal.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I downloaded, opened the app and it said, wrong kernel. Oh well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

What version of wifi tether do u have...I believe 2.7 is the only stable one that u won't get that error on

Sent from my DROID2

yurdle

Reaction score

What version of wifi tether do u have...I believe 2.7 is the only stable one that u won't get that error on

Sent from my DROID2

No, 3.0 works just fine on the droid x, make sure you have root, I believe you will get that error is you are not rooted. Also make sure you have droid x selected under settting>Change Device-Profile

rcjames

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

No, 3.0 works just fine on the droid x, make sure you have root, I believe you will get that error is you are not rooted. Also make sure you have droid x selected under settting>Change Device-Profile

How do i root with the new gingerbread ota on droid x? Is it already been rooted?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot root the new OTA. Only way to have rooted .596 is to sbf back to Froyo and install the 2 part files from P3droid

rcjames

Reaction score
You cannot root the new OTA. Only way to have rooted .596 is to sbf back to Froyo and install the 2 part files from P3droid

Then whats the point of droid x ginerbread wireless tether workaround? Nothing is better then ota gingerbread. I bet many of you guys having issue is because you guys have ota gingerbread. We need better threads soon how to root the ota ginerbread. This forum shouldn't be active. Sorry I'm piss but I want root on my ota gingerbread for this wireless tether and to do other things. Sorry but its true guys.

johnsi02

Reaction score
I'm sure RCJames has this all figured out by now. But for anyone else wandering through this thread.
Although the Verizon OTA gingerbread release has not been rooted at this point, P3Droid released his own version of it, that is rooted.
Google for "Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread" and follow the directions.
Once you have that, then you can join us in our difficulties of GB and wireless tether. Speaking of which, I personally was unable to get it working on two different ROMs, so gave up and SBF'ed back to Froyo. C'est la vie.