1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Tether (formerly Tetherberry) now available for Droid.

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by ptfd13, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptfd13

ptfd13 New Member

For users from a blackberry like me and had tetherberry they have finally released a beta version supposedly with speeds up to 6.8 Mbps. I am installing now and we shall see! Just wanted to bring this to everyone else's attention.

Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | Tether
  2. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Just got the email on this. Loved it on my bb
  3. rickt1152

rickt1152 New Member

I previously used Tether on my BB Storm and it was a fantastic application. It delivered great download and upload speeds with both USB and Bluetooth. In fact, I found it to be generally faster then my Verizon USB Broadband service.

I downloaded the Android Beta version and it worked, but was rather slow and buggy. That said, it a beta and maybe their servers are overloaded with this release. Tether was very good to work with on the BB platform and I suspect they will get eventually come out with an excellent tether application for the Android. Even though I have Wifi tether on my Droid, if they make this work on the Droid as good as they did on the BB, I will spend the money to buy.
  4. ptfd13

ptfd13 New Member

Where did you go to download to your phone. I have installed it on my pc but cannot find how to get it on my phone.
  5. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.