Swype stopped working in 2.2

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
My Swype (beta) keyboard no longer works in 2.2. I went back to using Shapewriter but miss Swype a lot. Any way to get it working again?

Dankinia

Reaction score
Uninstall Swype (not the swype installer, but Swype itself) and the launch the Swype installer and redownload. I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with me and I used the same solution. It took 5 times, but it worked in the end.

UPDATE:

I just upgraded to FRG22D. This time it took 4 times.

Last edited:

gsf

Reaction score
seems to be happening to most swype users after the update, in the blank message box... long press and change the input method, the change it back to swype. Swype seems to stop working after rebooting (powering on) and doing this swype engages again. Why... i don't know, but it works for me.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
dumb question maybe, but how do I get swype in the first place with the HTC Incredible??? I would love to have it :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
dumb question maybe, but how do I get swype in the first place with the HTC Incredible??? I would love to have it :)
You could try contacting Swype on their website, but as of now the Beta is closed

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I finally decided to try SlideIt and I LOVE it. I've been using swype for months and didn't think any other keyboard could sway me. The customizable shortkeys are awesome! It annoyed the crap out of me that the ! or ? weren't on the main screen so I just made some shortkeys (zx combo for ! and zc combo for ?). I also made shortcuts for all the smilies so I don't have to click all those menu keys to get the smiley in the text. It's well worth checking out the demo. :D

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I also downloaded SlideIT yesterday.....wow, its great and is not taking me much time to get the hang of it. I'll def. be buying the full ver.:)

gsf

Reaction score
Swype is becoming more problems then its worth, it may be free, but i would rather pay for App that works problem free... than having a free App that have's nothing but problems.

I'm checking out Slide-it now... does any have both Apps on their phone since you can choose IMPUT method choosing either Swype or SlideIt.

grenade01

Reaction score
actually swype does have hotkeys built in for ! ? " etc. you just drag from the key they are in the background over to the space bar key. Also theres a few others built in if you swype from the space to a letter or from a letter to space bar.

grenade01

Reaction score
just tried a few messages with slideit. i like the way the keys are shaped and spaced more, but man it's getting a lot of words wrong with perfect looking traces. I think ill stick to swype!