Did I lose Swype?

hydro556

Reaction score
I had swype running on my Inc, no issues.

I was showing the phone to a buddy and he wanted to see the regular keyboard, so I turned swype off for a second, and when I reactivated it (checked the box by Swype that I had de-selected a minute earlier) I still get the regular keyboard?

Did I lose it because it was beta? That would suck. Anyone know what I need to do?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
disregard, long press on window, >input type>swype.

got it

kmo

Reaction score
Nice that you got it back. Tried to get Swype but can't due to the Swype beta being closed at the moment, at least for the INC. I downloaded SlideIt as a substitute until Swype re-surfaces again. Not too bad, works quite well. Really interested in the difference between the two. Have to say, I really like swyping as opposed to pecking on the keyboard.

zMd113

Reaction score
I wanna Swype all the cool kids are doing it! So far I've heard good things about it.

kmo

Reaction score
Try "SlideIt" in the Market, it'll get you into the ballpark for sure. Again I haven't tried Swype yet, but how different can it be? My keyboard opens and I start "Sliding." To me it looks just like the Swype vids I've seen... I don't ever want to go back to hen pecking my keyboard.

zMd113

Reaction score
Holy cow this is awesome! I'm using it right now! Thanks for the tip. It's so much faster!