SWYPE beta

kmo

Reaction score
That's great but it says the same thing all the other swype sites say, "swype beta is closed." All it does is take your email for notification when it reopens. I've already left my email address previously.

kmo

Reaction score
Yep, same result....zip. Hey, when this update is available I'll check it out. It's not like I can't live without for now. I'm sure it won't be too long a wait, here's the message I get>>>

Swype Beta is Closed
Thanks for registering! We will email you as soon as we re-open the Swype Beta.
The Swype Team

Last edited:

jamjr74

Reaction score
i installed the beta on my DI and it didnt seem to work. The keyboard opened but it did not work when I used the swype style of text. When i texted normal it worked! Weird! Also the landscape mode did not work because it said it was the wrong format.

kmo

Reaction score
This is quoted from the Swpe webpage>>>"Sorry, the Beta is currently closed. Please enter your information below to be emailed when the beta re-opens."

I just went through this, you won't get it to work until the new update is complete. Leave your email address and hopefully it won't be too long until we get this back....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you Signed Up and Downloaded directly from Swype, then the full working .apk gets Registered to your Device. I even tried to theme the keys and push it into my System and it wouldn't work anymore, I broke the Registry Key and had to Redownload

Master Yun

Reaction score
I signed up for swype beta but it also said was closed. Can someone tell me how I can get it?

kmo

Reaction score
Unless you already had this downloaded before it closed, you can't get it until it reopens with the new update. We're all waiting for it. It said on the Swype Beta site that it's coming to Droid X on July 15th, not sure if that's just for Droid X or everyone....

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
slide it is sick!!! i love it but what is the difference between the full and demo? does the demo expire or something?

kmo

Reaction score
Yea I downloaded SlideIt too, tired of waiting for Swype. Pretty cool, so far I really like it. Will definitely check out Swype when available but for now this does the trick (I have the free version.)

Edit: tried looking for ShapeWriter (apparently it's available, or was) for Android but didn't see it in the Market Apps. Has anyone seen it there?
Edit 2: It looks like the ShapeWriter app has been removed from the Android market.
Quote from the ShapeWriter forum: "ShapeWriter Inc. has made the following announcement on June 14, 2010.
User Notice: We plan to take ShapeWriter off the Android Market on June 20, 2010 for an indefinite period of time, If you have purchased or downloaded ShapeWriter Keyboard on your Android device, please update it to the latest Version 3.0.9 which will not expire as the previous versions do. We thank you for your interest and support."

Last edited:

bodean

Reaction score
I am running Sapphire .8.4, just put swype on. When i try using it, i trace out a work, and it just beeps at me, and doesn't display any words. Wondering if it is compatible with 2.2 ROMS yet or not.