Will 2.2 have Swype

snmemx

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I'm really curious if anyone knows if 2.2 will include Swype for the Incredible?

Thanks in advance for any help for a newbie!

PS - if 2.2 won't have it, can I buy it or do I just have to sign-up and hope the beta reopens? Thanks!

OP
S

snmemx

Reaction score
There's no indication that it will be included with it. Best bet is to sign onto the beta again.

Thanks. I don't get it, is swype only available on the Droid X? Does anyone know if you can buy it (I've never seen it on the marketplace)?

AtrusNex

Reaction score
Swype is only available for any phone maker who licenses it for a specific model. The ones I know of are the Droid X, Droid 2 and the Galaxy S line of phones. As HTC has it's own proprietary keyboard it will probably never use Swype.

Randyd718

Reaction score
you can install swype yourself very easily. i put it on my incredible using dropbox. just find the apk online somewhere

OP
S

snmemx

Reaction score
you can install swype yourself very easily. i put it on my incredible using dropbox. just find the apk online somewhere

Found the apk and got it installed but it says it's expired? :confused:

I didn't realize that even w. the apk file, it can still block you from the beta?

Randyd718

Reaction score
no clue about that, worked for me. here is the file i successfully used if you wanna try this one

scratch that..

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no clue about that, worked for me. here is the file i successfully used if you wanna try this one

URL

Please don't post content like this on the forums. It is against the rules.

Wait till it is out and buy it.

fritomist

Reaction score
I for one have downloaded SlideIT, which I liked much better than Swype, and it works great on the Incredible. I liked it so much I upgraded from my Motorola Droid with the slide-out keyboard and went totally for the onscreen keyboard of the Incredible.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I have Swype on my Incredible and it is awesome. Someone turned me on with the app. After couple days of using it, I've grown accustom to its style of keyboarding.

Robin W

Reaction score
swype on moto droid with 2.2

Can't figure out how to get Swype on my moto droid with 2.2.

Have looked online and can't find Swype download anywhere.

Please tell me what I am missing.

thanks so much,
robin