Swype issue..

incrednicole

Reaction score
I just got my incredible this week and downloaded swype, the new version of it.I've noticed when my phone shuts off or reboots the swype app is still installed I can't swype just I can just hit each individual letter sms it will work it just won't swype. Has anyone else have this problem?

For it to work again I have to install it and download it again.

OP
I

incrednicole

Reaction score
correction..I have to un install it and download it again

rickster53

Reaction score
This is a known problem which I myself am experiencing. It is unfortunate because the problem has been known for some time now without a fix being made available and because the software is great----when it works properly. You can read more posts about it here...

December Beta - Stops Working

jpd

Reaction score
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I switched to Swiftkey which I love. Will not be going back to Swype.

thisguy12345

Reaction score
Before you reboot your phone, change your input settings to stock keyboard. When you reboot, change your keyboard back to swype, and you will not have to reinstall.

rickster53

Reaction score
Before you reboot your phone, change your input settings to stock keyboard. When you reboot, change your keyboard back to swype, and you will not have to reinstall.

Do you have to do this every time you you need to reboot or is this a one-time permanent "fix"?

rickster53

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you must do it every time you reboot.

Too bad... Software bugs can be difficult to diagnose and correct, but for something as annoying as this and as easily repeateable with the workaround you described, I just don't understand why the developer's can't/don't fix this?

brentnotbret

Reaction score
Make sure swype is on your phone and not SD card. After a reboot it should stay on Swype. If the issue still happens all you have to do is press and hold the text box, change to touch input, repeat and change back to Swype. Works every time for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App