Swype - CAUTION!

micp1480

Reaction score
Well, I had swype working perfectly on my Droid. Then I see on this forum that there is an upgrade to the one I was using. I deleted the old version and upgraded to the new one. I was very happy with the new one, until I got up the next morning and it said I was using the wrong version on my Droid and stopped functionality. Went back to the old version and it said the trial was over. I am smelling a rat here. Now I can't use swype any more, I tried everything.

MICP1480

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
go to the Swype Android Beta Thread - this problem is addressed ther - sorry I don't recall the solution.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Did you try switching the touch screen input method to the Android keyboard and then back to Swype? I get that message after a reboot, but switching the input methods like that makes it work again.

MontyMo

Reaction score
go to the Swype Android Beta Thread - this problem is addressed ther - sorry I don't recall the solution.

As I remember, it was to uninstall and wait until Monday. A new, fixed, version will be posted.

I have not had a problem and cannot say enough good things about swipe

Monty

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI it would have expired anyway. my sister did nothing but wake up and turn on her phone and it said the trial version had expired....then my phone starts ringing off the hook to "help" lol

wprocter

Reaction score
uninstalled & installed new Beta three times before getting it to work. (Saw the same "not for this device" message)

after installing wait and choose the Input Type - Swype - from an input box (long press in blank input box). This seemed to do the trick. Choosing it directly from the Language & Keyboard menu seemed to be problematic.

Seems to be running fine now. It's a bit more polished that the previous 'beta' floating around.