Swype MotoDroid "wrong version" problems are solved here!

amajamar

Reaction score
If you have downloaded and installed the new beta from Swype and you are having the "wrong version, limited functionality" problem, check the Swype version number. If you have 5652, you have the wrong version. Evidently, the Swype installer is not working properly on all MotoDroids. The correct version is 5612 and is located here.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/28020-heres-swype-apk.html

Thanks holmes!!

Also, noticed that the "incorrect" 5652 version was using 14MB memory and the "correct" 5612 version uses around 8.5MB.

smegoul

Reaction score
If you have downloaded and installed the new beta from Swype and you are having the "wrong version, limited functionality" problem, check the Swype version number. If you have 5652, you have the wrong version. Evidently, the Swype installer is not working properly on all MotoDroids. The correct version is 5612 and is located here.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/28020-heres-swype-apk.html

Thanks holmes!!

Also, noticed that the "incorrect" 5652 version was using 14MB memory and the "correct" 5612 version uses around 8.5MB.
I'm confused.
On my Droid Swype is version 5652 with Total size of 4.54MB and seems to be working fine.
I downloaded it from the email sent to me from Swype.
I'm a bit leery of removing this to install the one mentioned here (5612).
Where did you get the memory information?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange thing - I have 5652 and it only shows 4.54MB and has been working well. If the numbers mean anything I wonder if 5652 is a later dev version? I will save this thread for sure as I am almost certain that I will enocounter the Swype "wrong version" error that the OP started. Thx.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
I was speaking of how much memory it was using and not the download size.

As far as version 5652 working well for you, if it is I wouldn't change it. No need.

Version 5652 was not installing and operating properly for me and many others.

funken

Reaction score
Where did 5612 come from? I am a lil worried about 5612 expiring and being too late to install the official Swype Beta again.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Where did 5612 come from? I am a lil worried about 5612 expiring and being too late to install the official Swype Beta again.

I believe the 5612 was the released beta from swype that was for the MotoDroid. I think that the downloader made errors sellecting the proper version for many Droid owners and installed the 5652 version instead.

mikenilson

Reaction score
should we uninstall the other version first? what is the proper procedure to install this correctly? I have version 5652 and after reboot it does not work.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
should we uninstall the other version first? what is the proper procedure to install this correctly? I have version 5652 and after reboot it does not work.

I uninstalled the 5652 version and the swype installer. Then I installed the 5612 version and it worked perfectly. I have rebooted several times so far and it is working correctly each time.

Neko

Reaction score
limited functionality problems with the beta! whats going on??? Have to install new fix version 5612. Why are we having such problems with this prog?

Thanks for the fix *Muahhhh*

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That incorrect version s*** was about to piss me off. The first time it happened, I'd been using it for several hours, then had to reboot my phone. When I rebooted again, it fixed the issue. However, the next time it happened, another reboot didn't fix it. I just installed the "correct" version and sent a test message to a friend. Rebooting now...

UPDATE: Seems to be working just fine! Thanks a bunch! I hadn't liked Swype when I first tried it, because I'm already pretty damn good with the onscreen, but I was getting used to it and starting to really like it when I got my first error. lol It ROCKS my socks in portrait mode, which was where I was really having my issues with accuracy...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
omg-yes-lil-wayne-hilarious-1.gif

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

GoGators

Reaction score
I have the 5652 version. When I rebooted, I got the wrong version error. I switched back to android keyboard, then back to swype and it is working just fine. I guess that's the nature of beta testing. Swype absolutely rocks.