Swype MotoDroid "wrong version" problems are solved here!

marti25

Reaction score
swype error

hello..i am new to "swype"...i downloaded a version and it stated that i needed the upgraded version...do you know where i can find/get the upgraded version???
thank you..:)

dbol

Reaction score
Do you guys get any errors regarding the resolution that any of these versions of Swype supports? When waking my phone from standby, I get a popup warning me that my Swype package doesn't support my phone's resolution...

lDemon

Reaction score
I got the same thing complaining how my resolutiong isn't correct. My brother sent me my apk and he said his is working fine on his nexus one

marti25

Reaction score
swype apk

Hello, does anyone still have the swype .apk available??? the links to the apks in the forum are no longer available...thank you...:)

marti25

Reaction score
swype help thank you

Thank you all for all of your help......I really appreciate it...I have swype installed and it is working great....thank you again....:icon_ banana:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Didnt the mods lock down Swype threads because if you are not an official beta tester it is "Pirated" software?

lDemon

Reaction score
sweet thanx a lot ctxx24...that was the only one that actually worked that i could find. You were a big help friend. Swype is BA

inevittable

Reaction score
Hm, seems to have installed correctly, but when I go to type, it traces the path and then the border flashes blue and nothing comes up...?

Help?

inevittable

Reaction score
Hm, seems to have installed correctly, but when I go to type, it traces the path and then the border flashes blue and nothing comes up...?

Help?

You need to "enable" the app.

Settings>Language & Keyboard>Enable Swype.

Right, I did that, and the Swype keyboard is appearing, but when I go to enter a word, when I'm done tracing the path of said word, nothing appears. Normally either the word appears or the box with suggested words appears. Now, the entire border of the keyboard is just flashing blue.

allikanbe

Reaction score

Help?

Right, I did that, and the Swype keyboard is appearing, but when I go to enter a word, when I'm done tracing the path of said word, nothing appears. Normally either the word appears or the box with suggested words appears. Now, the entire border of the keyboard is just flashing blue.

Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>Swype>Force Quit then back out and all is good.

Sp4zZ

Reaction score

Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>Swype>Force Quit then back out and all is good.

I'm having this problem also, even after I Force Quit like you said, i'll start typing and halfway through my sentence it freezes, then when I exit out of whatever I'm trying to type I get an error message and asks me to force close. any idea?

PsychoDroid

Reaction score

Help?

I am getting the blue border thing too. No words are going in.

orangepeel

Reaction score

I'm having this problem also, even after I Force Quit like you said, i'll start typing and halfway through my sentence it freezes, then when I exit out of whatever I'm trying to type I get an error message and asks me to force close. any idea?

Just download the APK...it's what I did and it took care of the problem.I had the same problem you guys/gals had and none of the suggestions worked. Just go to the link below through your phones browser.

swype beta apk file for those who missed it | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog