Sunday Evening Chat: 2014 week 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
device-cluster.png

Want to use this chat segment to talk about the devices you have owned (or own).

What device(s) do you use as your daily driver as a phone, a tablet, and/or for home computing?

What is the most used feature that you use for home, work, and leisure.

What 3 apps (or features) do you recommend most to your friends, family, or co-workers?

jspradling7

Reaction score
First smartphone was a Droid Charge and a Stratosphere for my wife. Learned to root, ODIN, and flash on them.
Then the Galaxy Nexus, I got it right at release. Learned about CM, AOKP, and all the other ROM's.
Then I added a RAZR Maxx and learned to use Safestrap. (I have a used HD Maxx here now and I like it a lot better)
Than a Rezound that I fell in love with. It was the same physical size as the Charge and I ran CM on it.
Then back to Samsung with an S3 and S4. I love Hyperdrive.
A Note 2 for my wife.
Then the G2.
And recently the Moto X.

Tablets, we started off with Kindle Fires but I bought a Nexus 10 when it came out, it's awesome and we use it all the time.

I really liked the size of the Charge and Rezound, it's a handy size to use with my left hand, so I've really fell in love with the Moto X. And it has the Amoled screen that I like the Galaxy series for. Now when I pick up my S4 or G2 they seem huge. I hope the S5 isn't bigger than the S4.

For 3 years I've been flashing and buying. My wants change as fast as the phones and ROMs have changed. Currently, I like my Moto X best and I use it for work, then the S4 and it's my evening and weekend phone, the G2, S3, and the RAZR HD Maxx get played with.

Give me Amoled, SD Card, big or replaceable battery, and a screen 5" or smaller. I'll run the stock ROM, rooted and with Xposed modules.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I currently own a note 2, nexus 7, and mac book pro.

2) Most used... Though I do not use my s pen all the time it comes in handy for various note taking apps. I am running an AOSP kit kat 4.4.2 rom because I prefer stock android look and feel over touchwiz. The other quiet feature is battery longevity. When the razr maxx came out and we first started seeing smartphones easily handle a day or two when most devices struggled to make it 6-8 hrs we all was just use to the fact that you were going to have to charge your phone at least once during the day and then charging it over night. Now that I have owned my note 2 and have experienced almost a year and a half of 24hr battery life (at minimum) it is hard to imagine going back to having to carry around a charger. As much as I would love to own a nexus 5 I do not miss having to monitor my battery life and adjust how I use my device in order to get through the day. The freedom of taking my device off the charger and being able to truly use my phone how I see fit is a relief. So for me clearly the top feature for me in a smartphone now has to be battery life. Yes wireless charging and battery packs are cool but to not have to have that feeling of worry about how you going to make it through the day or who's charger you are going to have to borrow after realizing you left your charger or battery pack on the coffee table/other car/somewhere else is awesome. Add to that my note 2 is open so I can run 4.4.2 roms (thanks to the awesome developers) and I am content.

With smart phones and tablets now making its way into almost every home, the devices are an extension of ourselves. How people use their phones literally is dependent on what they do and how they view their device in that picture. One of the cool things about this community (which includes forum foundry forums, droid-life, ac, android police, and various tech blogs and coverage mkbhd, phonedog, and more than I have room to name) is that there is a network of people sharing apps and software so we get a chance to get feedback on whether or not the app will work for us. For me I have my bank apps, note taking app, various google apps (gmail, chrome, youtube, keep etc), and a few featured apps (netflix, pandora, tibu). For the most part I like to keep my phone clean I do not like having space wasted for "glamor" apps or widgets I do not use.

Reaction score
I'm currently using the LG G2 and my backup phone is the Galaxy Nexus which both is on Verizon. My tablet is the 2013 Nexus 7 WiFi.

All is running Android 4.4.2

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm ready for a new tablet but I am not ashamed to admit...

My 1st gen Xoom WiFi has been used almost daily from launch day until now. It's my primary web surfer, alarm clock, and travel buddy. The video problems are few and far between and it stutters but I'm pretty sure I've gotten my money's worth out of it. Im definitely getting the next Nexus 10 because the features and processor have all seen better days. But the thing has been like iron.