Sunday Evening Chat: Streaming devices

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Captain-America-2-The-Winter-Soldier-Trailer.jpg
1) First if you have not seen Winter Soldier check it out. I look forward to seeing more Marvel movies. Ok done talking about it so not to spoil it for those who have not seen it.
amazon-fire-tv-vs-chromecast-vs-apple-tv-vs-roku-which-one-buy.jpg
2) Streaming Devices: Last Sunday I did a review of the roku hdmi streaming stick, and the topic toward the end of the week was on the Amazon Fire TV . What Streaming device you own?
What device you would like o own (or plan on buying)?
What device are you least likely to buy?

3) Shout out to HTC M8 owners post your reviews and thoughts about the M8.

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Personally, I'm very happy with my Chromecast still. Plex finally updated the app for Chromecast for everyone instead of just the subscription users. now that I have that, I have everything that I could need for my Chromecast.

We'll probably go see the new Captain America next weekend. My son loves super heros so its hard to get away with not seeing it...and hey, I like them too.

The M8...I'll have mine next Friday or Saturday. Can't wait. I'm sure I'll miss my Note 3 but honestly, I haven't used the stylus in ages. I think I'll get over it in no time.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I do look forward to the new movie. But there are so many Superhero movies I haven't seen yet. I only recently got around to watching the first Iron Man, Captain America, and The Avengers. I haven't seen the Thor movies, or any Batman or Spiderman in the last 8 years or so. No Hulk movies... I have a lot to catch up on.

I have Roku on one TV, Wii on another, and the living room TV is a Samsung smart TV that streams on it's own. I haven't found a need for Chromecast or similar product yet.

I have the M8 and love it so far. I haven't found a weak spot in it yet, I even like the camera.

Sherry

Reaction score
We got the Sony Google TV and absolutely love it. I got a Chromecast for Christmas and liked it but it quit streaming Netflix in March. I have no idea why and have not been able to correct. It still streams YouTube but.... that is NOT why I would use it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I do look forward to the new movie. But there are so many Superhero movies I haven't seen yet. I only recently got around to watching the first Iron Man, Captain America, and The Avengers. I haven't seen the Thor movies, or any Batman or Spiderman in the last 8 years or so. No Hulk movies... I have a lot to catch up on.

I have Roku on one TV, Wii on another, and the living room TV is a Samsung smart TV that streams on it's own. I haven't found a need for Chromecast or similar product yet.

I have the M8 and love it so far. I haven't found a weak spot in it yet, I even like the camera.

How are the speakers on it. I've read that the speakers aren't as good as the the first One M7.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have a Samsung Smart TV as well. The speakers are just ok. I added the Sammy Sound Bar and now the sound is awesome.

jspradling7

Reaction score
The speakers on the M8 sound great to me, but I've never heard an M7 so I can't compare the two. As for the TV, I too added the sound bar with remote wireless woofer and I'm very happy with it as well.