1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sudden problems with menu keys

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ghostwheel, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

WTF - is my Droid self-destructing?

This morning, my MotoDroid's 4 menu keys would not backlight, even in darkness. And a long press on home will not bring up the 6 most-used list, either. And a third quirk - when I reboot, the phone icon is surrounded with an orange box.

Edit: actually, the home button doesn't seem to be working at all. It gives a buzz, but the apps won't go away to reveal the home screen. Same for search button.

Edit: Just found out that it won't ring for an incoming call; the caller hears one ring, then it goes straight to voicemail.

I've tried several reboots, a battery pull, and a charger plugin. The charger got the backlight back, but still no most-used list. I even uninstalled the two app updates from this morning (androzip and photoshop).

Could a verizon car charger cause these things? I just got one recently.

If nothing else works, it's either a factory reset, or wait for the 2.2 push...
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

This is from that Verizon "universal" car charger I just got, isn't it. I only plugged it in for a few seconds, but I can't think of what else it could be.
Search tags for this page
back key doesn't work droid razr
backlight of home menu ob android phone not responding

droid 2 global menu button not working

droid 4 backlight on unresponsive not charging
droid bionic hard buttons quit working
droid razr menu button dont work
global droid home button not working
menu button on my droid 2 not working
menu key not working motorola droid
menu key on droid razr doesnt work
motorola droid buttons not working