Touch Screen Problems

Vipada

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid running BB4. I have experienced many of the charger related issues using the standard Verizon micro plugin, the desk dock, and the car dock. It would begin with icons vibrating when touched and the screen doing little shimmies between my home screens. I have done reboots, battery pulls (off and recently using the on method) and the problem would often clear up for several days.

Two weeks ago, my home button stopped working and on screen typing became impossible in a 1/4' wide line that extends from the L in the Motorola logo to the Home button. To verify, I used a sketch program to draw over the entire screen. It left a blank area in the aforementioned area. I rebooted, did a clean reinstall of BB (without reinstalling any apps) only to have the exact same issue. Frustrated and assuming that it was almost certainly a hardware issue, I removed the battery and left it out over night. The phone worked fine the following day (well, it did, but is not now). A short trip out of town this weekend and it started happening again after being in the car dock for less than 30 minutes. (It had been in the car dock, home dock, etc. previously without issue that week so the car dock may have nothing to do with it.)

On screen typing is an exciting endeavor that requires the phone be changed to various orientations to be able to touch the necessary buttons. Recently, it has began to register the any key presses in the dead zone as random buttons to the left or right of the press (before nothing at all happened).

Is it time to take it to Verizon? Any suggestions or tests that might be helpful? Anyone having similar issues? Also, I am assuming that I need to restore the phone to stock android before taking it in even if it is a hardware issue but it would be nice if I didn't have to. :)

Thanks for your assistance and time!

OP
Vipada

Vipada

Reaction score
EDIT - Probably ought to put this in the tech support forum. :) Moving!

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
it sounds like we are kind of having the same problem. my phone will just act like im pressing and thats the only key i can press until i turn the screen off. its really aggravating sometimes lol. ive noticed a little scratch on mine and that may be the problem, but im not real sure .

Titan33

Reaction score
sounds like it would be the touch screen digitizer taking a dump on you.